Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT DD's ramp warrior was loose in ND today, Learn to drive a--holes
GWN7
post Apr 9 2004, 09:03 PM
Post #1

King of Road Trips

Group: Members
Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

So Menards has the wheel dollys on sale this week and since I missed getting them last time they were on sale because of bad weather and roads I decide to drive down today and buy a couple sets.

I start out and the weather is great, sunny but not so warm. What do I care I have a heater in my truck that can warm the icequeens heart and I'm off to the rodeo.

1/2 an hour into my trip it starts to snow, almost to whiteout condishions. I get down to Grand Forks without any problems, fuel up and head home. The snow is now just little flakes, nothing that anone who has seen snow before would worry about. Speed limit is 75 and I have the cruse set at 77ish. Traffic is light, a car every 3/4 a mile. Divided highway. Radio is on, playing some blues. I'm in the grove and can drive hours this way.

Then a non-descipt box (they all look the same) of a car is coming up in the left lane doing about 80. Three car lenghts (his size car...about 30") in front of me he cuts over into my lane, spraying snow and gravel up on to my windshield. I hear a "Tic" and put the wipers on to wash his road crap off. I now have a nice little stone chip in my windshield. %$#%&*()(&%^@!@%$&*(* and your sister!!

This happens twice more in the space of an hour. Except no stone chip the next two times. It always seems to be a non-decript box type car that does this. This isn't the first time it's happened either. Coming home from Tennssee with the yellow 914 I had some box diving clown almost hit my fender doing the same thing.

What is wrong with these people? Do they not realise that they are passing dangerously close when they do this? What's wrong with driving 8-10 car lenghts before taking a lane. It's not like there's anyone on there ass chasing them to get over. Or do they think that because there speeding in the left lane that the radar won't see them if they cut over quickly?

People wonder where road rage comes from. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 6)
rhodyguy
post Apr 9 2004, 10:42 PM
Post #2

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

70 and sunny here today. that was an expensive trip to the states.

kevin
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Apr 9 2004, 11:29 PM
Post #3

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Your car has cruse control?

Or where you just crusing at that speed..

I feel your pain, a few (like 5) months ago we where driving in the stock 944 turbo, and a truck's rock put a crack in the windshield.. That crack now is 7in long.

600+ for a new windshield.. (antena in windshield..)

Sorry to hear that!

Andrew
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Apr 10 2004, 01:27 AM
Post #4

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(GWN7 @ Apr 9 2004, 08:03 PM)
What is wrong with these people? Do they not realise that they are passing dangerously close when they do this? What's wrong with driving 8-10 car lenghts before taking a lane. People wonder where road rage comes from. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

I cannot, for the life of me, understand what is going thru their fucking pea brain. This happens to me alot, mostly in the rain. They pull in front of you after they are only a couple cars ahead & spray shit all over your car & windshield. What really pisses me off is when it has just rained and the roads are still a bit damp and they do this when I have a perfectly clean windshield & car. Gawdamassholebastards (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) I pass someone and leave 10+ car lengths before I pull back in. It's called thoughtful consideration "fuckhaid" :dhead: I think it's time to mount the 50 cal. on the roof! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fighting19.gif)

..........b
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Apr 10 2004, 01:29 AM
Post #5

King of Road Trips

I was in my Chev 4 X 4 extended cab. It has all the toys that the teener dosen't. Heater, radio, tape, CD player. power seats. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) I easily could have caught him/her. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) Luckly I have $50 deductable on the glass. I feel better now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) It's not just down South I have run into examples of those brain dead waste of skin like today, they have lots of family up here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Apr 10 2004, 09:09 AM
Post #6

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Bruce, just spent the last 45 min. reading your Igloo Tales....... very good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) This must be what you do when it's below zero (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Very understandable cuz I lived in "DickieVille" (Dickinson, NortDakota) for 6 years. Worked for the City in the water/sewer dept. Finally left on a cold January day when it was
-10. The farther West I got the warmer it was (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) I must admit tho, it is very beautiful country. That is where my photography awareness began, where I received my first 35mm camera (which I still have) from my late wife. I want to take my current wife back there..... just to visit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Good job on the web site (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) thanks for the memories of "Life in the Vast Lane"!

..............b
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Apr 10 2004, 02:21 PM
Post #7

King of Road Trips

Bruce,

thanks for your kind words. We who live here bitch and moan about the weather, along with putting up with the barbs from those who live in t-shirts when were at -40, but there is a beauty in the simplisity of life here. That's only something you can know from living in the enviroment and respecting it for what it can do.

The name "Iglootales" came from a night sitting in a bar in Ft. Worth and I had a lady loans officer convinced that I lived in a igloo. I wouldn't want to keep my money in her bank. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 03:10 PM