Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> value of complete VPC AC system
GaroldShaffer
post Jun 15 2011, 09:41 AM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Hey gang while surfing craigslist I came across a complete VPC AC system for a 914. I plan to add AC to my 74 2.0 project when the time comes (not this year) so what is the going rate for a complete system?

I know about the power drain on the motor and blah blah blah....... The car is going to be a driver as I still have my 70 for AXing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 3)
Steve
post Jun 15 2011, 07:41 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

I have bought and sold them for around $200.00. The problem is your buying something that is up to 41 years old. Lots of rust, etc. I would purchase a new system. If you do a search you will find the original manufacturer is now selling them again. AA also sells this new up to date system.
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Jun 15 2011, 09:02 PM
Post #3

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Well you learn something new every day. I had no idea you could buy new systems. Thanks for the info. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jun 15 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #4

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Aside from being new - 3 or more advantages include the new & cheaper R134 Freon used in them, the more efficient rotary compressor for more efficiency in cooling, and the resultant much lower hp loss, etc.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/detail.php?Part...l_number=184681

http://www.autoatlanta.com/detail.php?Part...l_number=184680

IMHO - even if you want the CW look, I'd transplant this new unit into the under dash & condensor coils of the DPD unit. IMHO the DPD was better than VPC, cuz it allowed you to mount the spare inverted over the conical condensor coil housing & not loose any trunk space (VPC was rectangular with the spare on top & the floor board up several inches). Both were designed by the same guy, with the DPD being his 2nd & more improved version.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:49 AM