Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs
 
914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!
 
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Exhaust Gasket for Tangerine Racing Header
yeahmag
post Feb 3 2022, 06:50 PM
Post #1


Advanced Member
****

Group: Members
Posts: 2,485
Joined: 18-April 05
From: Pasadena, CA
Member No.: 3,946
Region Association: Southern California



Where are people sourcing exhaust gaskets for the Tangerine headers? Damned if I can find a gasket with the right bolt spacing...

Collector 2.25" OD with 3.5" (ish) bolt spacing, 2 bolt
Stub pipes 1.75" ID with 2.4" (ish) bolt spacing, 2 bolt

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 5)
bdstone914
post Feb 3 2022, 07:42 PM
Post #2


bdstone914
*****

Group: Members
Posts: 5,393
Joined: 8-November 03
From: Riverside CA
Member No.: 1,319



QUOTE(yeahmag @ Feb 3 2022, 06:50 PM) *

Where are people sourcing exhaust gaskets for the Tangerine headers? Damned if I can find a gasket with the right bolt spacing...

Collector 2.25" OD with 3.5" (ish) bolt spacing, 2 bolt
Stub pipes 1.75" ID with 2.4" (ish) bolt spacing, 2 bolt


Maybe ask Chris Foley ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rfinegan
post Feb 4 2022, 06:18 AM
Post #3


Senior Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 1,227
Joined: 8-February 13
From: NC
Member No.: 15,499
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region



I have the 1 5/8 Tangerine stubs and need flange gaskets and for my stubs for 1 1/2. I found the ones from EMPI on Amazon.

I know these are not the 1.75 but you may want to take a look and see what they have for bigger apps like yours

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Feb 4 2022, 06:25 AM
Post #4


I am Tangerine Racing
*****

Group: Members
Posts: 8,032
Joined: 29-January 03
From: Bolton, CT
Member No.: 209
Region Association: None



The stepped flange stub pipe connections are not intended to have gaskets.
A standard gasket for the tailpipe/muffler flanges should be available at your FLAPS.
I can supply a part # when I'm at work.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
yeahmag
post Feb 4 2022, 10:52 AM
Post #5


Advanced Member
****

Group: Members
Posts: 2,485
Joined: 18-April 05
From: Pasadena, CA
Member No.: 3,946
Region Association: Southern California



Thanks Chris! Got your email with the part number. Really appreciate that and the tips for a hanger. Your suggestion is similar to what I've built on my current exhaust. Time to get the welder out...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
carreras0
post Sep 29 2026, 10:53 PM
Post #6


Newbie
*

Group: Members
Posts: 3
Joined: 11-September 09
From: CA
Member No.: 10,795
Region Association: None



QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ Feb 4 2022, 05:25 AM) *

The stepped flange stub pipe connections are not intended to have gaskets.
A standard gasket for the tailpipe/muffler flanges should be available at your FLAPS.
I can supply a part # when I'm at work.


Hey Chris,
Can you repost the gasket information here for your EVO headers.
I need 4 x 1.75 in and 2 x 2.25 gaskets

Thank you,
Chris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2026 - 12:37 AM
...