Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs
 
914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!
 
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1976 upper steering bearing, Steering wheel moves side to side and up and down
Ron914
post Oct 1 2026, 02:05 PM
Post #1


Senior Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 562
Joined: 19-April 22
From: Huntington Beach,Ca
Member No.: 26,487
Region Association: Southern California



When I got my car one of the things I didn't like was if you grabbed the steering wheel

you could grip it and move it side to side or up and down . I have purchased a steering

column rebuild parts from 914 rubber but I don't believe it will address the problem I

am having . @914Sixer suggested a couple of part numbers to correct this . The cheapest

option is to replace what reminds me of the crush washer used on the shifter knob to

hold it tight to the shifter. Does anyone else have experience with this problem/repair ?

These are the parts sugested I believe.

Attached Image
Attached Image

I also ran across these parts while searching.
Attached Image
Attached Image


User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
930cabman
post Oct 1 2026, 03:09 PM
Post #2


Advanced Member
****

Group: Members
Posts: 4,853
Joined: 12-November 20
From: Buffalo
Member No.: 24,877
Region Association: North East States



Mine is also loose, I chalk it up to character

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Steve
post Oct 1 2026, 03:45 PM
Post #3


914 Guru
*****

Group: Members
Posts: 6,086
Joined: 14-June 03
From: Laguna Niguel, CA
Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California



I installed the autohouz bushing on my 75. Worked great. I got it from Pelican years ago
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2026 - 03:56 PM
...