Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs
 
914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!
 
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Narrow Body 5 lug Fuchs
Cfletch
post Oct 2 2026, 05:18 PM
Post #1


Member
**

Group: Members
Posts: 257
Joined: 30-January 14
From: Santa Barbara
Member No.: 16,941
Region Association: Southern California



Finally pulled the trigger and got some tires for my 16x6 fuch wheels. As expected, rear is rather tight and might end up doing a very little roll on the lip to fold it up a little to get a little more clearance. Overall pretty happy with the look. Just need to buy some center caps and its a done deal.

Went with 205x55x16 Yokohama Advan Sports

Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 3)
Montreal914
post Oct 2 2026, 05:27 PM
Post #2


Advanced Member
****

Group: Members
Posts: 2,205
Joined: 8-August 10
From: Claremont, CA
Member No.: 12,023
Region Association: Southern California



Good looking setup/car! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

I plan on keeping my car a narrow body and have two sets of Fuchs, 15x6 and 16x6 to choose from. Looks like the 205/55/16 is the recomended size for the 16" wheels. I thought they were fine on a narrow body. I don't really want to deform the original arches in the rear. Every car is a little different. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

As for 15x6, tire selection is limited unfortunately especially if one wants to stick with close to original diameter. I guess 185/65-15 would be the size. Not sure how that would hold up with a 3.2/6 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

EDIT: 195/60-15 were a nice compromise but are difficult to find today.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cfletch
post Oct 2 2026, 06:21 PM
Post #3


Member
**

Group: Members
Posts: 257
Joined: 30-January 14
From: Santa Barbara
Member No.: 16,941
Region Association: Southern California



QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Oct 2 2026, 04:27 PM) *

Good looking setup/car! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

I plan on keeping my car a narrow body and have two sets of Fuchs, 15x6 and 16x6 to choose from. Looks like the 205/55/16 is the recomended size for the 16" wheels. I thought they were fine on a narrow body. I don't really want to deform the original arches in the rear. Every car is a little different. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

As for 15x6, tire selection is limited unfortunately especially if one wants to stick with close to original diameter. I guess 185/65-15 would be the size. Not sure how that would hold up with a 3.2/6 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

EDIT: 195/60-15 were a nice compromise but are difficult to find today.



Yeah the 16x6 won the battle due to tire availability in a way, I got mine on tire rack at discount because they were slightly older, not that it matters much to me.
Went for a test drive and got no rubbing and are much much better than what was on the car prior, so I'm extremely happy about this
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sbsix
post Oct 2 2026, 07:03 PM
Post #4


only the lead dog enjoys a change in scenery...
**

Group: Members
Posts: 467
Joined: 10-January 12
From: Santa Barbara, CA
Member No.: 13,990
Region Association: Southern California



The 6x16 is a good choice. My right rear will rub occasionally when I’m on a bumpy road but the tire choices are much better at 16 inches. I have Bridgestone RE71s.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2026 - 07:20 PM
...