Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> dropped head temps, changed idle jets
bernbomb914
post Jan 26 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #1

one of the oldest Farts on this board

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 36

changed idle jets and main jets and dropped temps 100 degrees and oil temps also dropped and oil pressure did not drop as much as before. head temps varied from 300 to 375 before now 275 is tops pulling a steep grade at 5000 rpm in 5th. I am very happy

Bernie (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 3)
hmeeder
post Jan 26 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #2

Dante's Sportscar

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,154

Bernie-

What did you change your jets to (and what were they originally?) What motor/cam combo are you running?

My 2.4 with an "e" cam has 44 Webers and I was running 50 idles, 125 mains, 185 air and f16 emulsion tubes and the 36mm vents. The car always ran very cool, but it was undercarbed for the engine.

I just swapped to 60 idles, 150 mains and 200 airs, which will probably still be too light. The carbs are sitting on my work bench right now, so I haven't had a chance to try the new set up yet.

I'm trying to get some empirical data on what others are doing. Fortunately, jets are cheap at CBPerformance, but I don't want to constantly be buying/trying new combos, but most things I have read point to having to do just that to get it dialed in right. It would be cool if I got closer to the right ballpark first (2nd) time out.

Anyone else care to chime in with their motors and jetting combos? I'd love to hear your experiences.
+Quote Post
messix
post Jan 26 2006, 11:36 PM
Post #3

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

Group: Members
From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

dont' try for perfection. you'll be chasing air temp and barometric pressure changes. just get the plugs clean and drivabilty reasonable.
+Quote Post
bernbomb914
post Jan 26 2006, 11:39 PM
Post #4

one of the oldest Farts on this board

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 36

We went from 50 idle jets to 65. I have a 2270 with a split duration cam 86/163 I think. we put 4 in 1 headers on it and that helped it pulls like a champ and runs much cleaner than before. I cant tell you what mains and the other jets as my son did the work. the carbs are 44s

Bernie
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 06:39 AM