Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Auto Atlanta has contacted us, About our products
morph
post Jan 9 2004, 01:09 PM
Post #1

quality parts builder

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,389
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Auto Atlanta has contacted us about some of our products. They have ordered some and are going to do an evaluation on them. If we get a contract with Auto Atlanta we may not be able to sell to the public anymore do to the volume that they are talking about ordering.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
Air_Cooled_Nut
post Jan 9 2004, 01:16 PM
Post #2

914 Ronin - 914 owner who lost his 914club.com

Member No.: 584
Region Association: None

For those of us who can't read minds over the internet, what the heck are you talking about?
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Jan 9 2004, 01:16 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

sorry for my ignorance, but what products are you talking about?

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jan 9 2004, 01:24 PM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419

He makes the 6.5" speaker pods and the inexpensive carpet kits.

I can't tell you what to do with your business, but I know that if AA is the only company selling your products, I and many of the people here will not buy them. AA has a very bad reputation and most informed buyers won't touch them. Do a search for all the details.

I hope you choose to pass on the deal personally.
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Jan 9 2004, 01:24 PM
Post #5

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

Get yer money up front whatever the hell it is....
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jan 9 2004, 01:26 PM
Post #6

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

To morphenspectra:

No offense intended, but it may behoove you to introduce who you are, what you manufacter, why it effects the 914 community, and why in the hell you'd want to deal with AA in the first place. otherwise, we don't know what the hell you're talking about! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

cheers, n
+Quote Post
Part Pricer
post Jan 9 2004, 01:34 PM
Post #7

Believe everything I post

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 35

This gentleman produces and markets speaker pods, carpet kits and other accessories for the 914. The quality of his products is highly regarded.

Now, as far as AA goes, well you will get an opinion for a lot of people here. For me, I've never done business with them and never will.

As far as granting them an exclusive on your products, I'm going to give you some hard earned advice. Do it only if you have a contractural guarantee for a firm quantity commitment for a firm price. Don't allow them to say, we want pricing based upon 1,000 units (or 10, or 50, or whatever quantity) but only ship us two now. You'll get screwed. I was in wholesale distribution for years and we would routinely do that to suppliers. And, get money up-front for the initial order as a way of commiting to the exclusive. I'll guarantee that they balk.

If I had a product that I was producing, no matter how limited the market, I would never commit to an exclusive distribution agreement.

Good luck.
+Quote Post
seanery
post Jan 9 2004, 01:34 PM
Post #8

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

Most of us knew who he was because of the lengthy discussions recently on speaker enclosures. I think some of you are being a bit rude.
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jan 9 2004, 01:41 PM
Post #9

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

Gosh you guys are pretty rude today!

I think Paul's advice is pretty sound business advice IMHO and if he goes with AA maybe the price will go down if the quanities are high enough.
I have dealt with AA in the past and still they do supply alot of 914 parts. Brings to mind the flares, hmmm, yes it took effin years to happen but it did and at a pretty good price compared to the OEM ones.

Geoff
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jan 9 2004, 01:43 PM
Post #10

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 9 2004, 11:41 AM)
Gosh you guys are pretty rude today!

thought so too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

must be the full moon ...
Andy
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jan 9 2004, 02:18 PM
Post #11

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

didn't mean to be rude -- my apologies.

sarcastic tone doesn't go through the internet very well, my bad (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

nathan
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Jan 9 2004, 02:37 PM
Post #12

914 Guru

Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I guess I better buy the carpet kits before AA get's their claws into them...charges more $ and then doesn't deliver all the pieces (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) BTW has anyone tried his carpet kits, how does the carpet look/lay/etc. Thanks!
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Jan 9 2004, 03:04 PM
Post #13

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441

Just got a really nice beige set of carpets from Morph. Please don't do an exclusive contract with AA. Make the contract so you can sell to whomever.

.........b
+Quote Post
914ghost
post Jan 9 2004, 03:05 PM
Post #14

BOB

Member No.: 1,387

I've just installed one of his carpet kits recently, and its first rate!
For a "driver" its as good as Auto's International products, and 1/3 the price. I also aint too happy with AA, they only screwed me on a $5 shipping charge, but that was AFTER I plainly told them I didn't want the item backordered, they did it anyway, charged me shipping twice- didnt offer refund.
Seems like a contract w/them would be a no brainer, and get a commitment on minimum qty they will buy for a certain discount, less than that qty price goes up.
I dunno, choose not to deal with them and they may just copy your product and undersell you off the face of the planet.
My .02 anyhow,
Robert O
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jan 9 2004, 03:45 PM
Post #15

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I knew exactly who you were when I read your post. I like the product line you offer. There have been several posts here on your good quality and service. I would not hesitate purchasing from you. I've never purchased a thing from AA. And based on all the negitive posting I never will. There are plenty of other sources out there to choose from. I personally would never get involved with a business with there soiled reputation. Search the archives here and on the Bird board. Check the Better Business Bureau.
+Quote Post
cnavarro
post Jan 9 2004, 04:06 PM
Post #16

Cylinder Guru

Member No.: 49

You'd be better off contacting the other parts houses, i.e. Pelican or Performance Products, if you want to go through dealers for sales-- don't lock yourself out of a market by going with only one distributor, it's suicide. I know one big headache for me has been how to coax resellers to join the bandwagon, and I offer volume pricing breaks for dealers, but decent discounts on one off orders too for those dealers not large enough to purchase in bulk.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
+Quote Post
morph
post Jan 9 2004, 04:29 PM
Post #17

quality parts builder

i posted this thread to hear youre thoughts out there in the 914 world,and to be honest i have heard the good the bad ,and the ugly about AA. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) and to make a long story long our company came to be due to fate.My wife has been a ebayer for a few months buying small things.she heard me one day bitching about not bieng able to find a part i needed.she looked it up on ebay and found it.i looked at the parts there and said "i got four of those,i got ten of those,we listed 20 parts the next day.
we sold everything we posted for three months.our first month was aug/03 after costs we made 1000.00
every month since them we have doubled(you do the math (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) )we only sell products we mfg now.For those who dont know our products here is a link to our store http://stores.ebay.com/914appearanceandper...ept0/index.html
i also custom make metal parts (batt tray and most rust replacement parts ) but i do not ship these parts you need to come and get them i also dont advertize this either.(well i guess i just did)i also have many prototypes of items that will be realesed in 2004.i started selling parts to pay for some parts i wanted for my 914s.and my wants where simple i just wanted some IDFs for my 73,and a sport console for my 71.i wasnt trying to build a company.it just happened.and on a lighter note my wants are alittle bigger i was looking for two 2.0L not looking to spend alot im still a cheap bastard (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) we are also looking for a race car on the west coast to test some carbon fiber,kevlar,and lexan racing parts. seroius proven race cars only.we are not looking to buy just someone who is willing to test our body parts for data.Now back to our parts we are not intrested in a AA exclusive i simply wanted to state that if we start making parts in a large volume we may not have time to take orders directly for a few months.MAY NOT BE ABLE TO.key words there,so we where only tring to warn people of what to expect. i also need a list of the admin of this web site.so if you are a admin of 914world.com please email me. good customer service,a fair price,and a quality product.when i go to buy anything thats what i expect.so why shouldnt you get that from me when i sell you something. well that was alittle about our company,and what where about.and to be honest im proud of the fact that a big company took the time and effort to find me and call me and tell me "i like some of youre products"thought ,comments, ideas,bitches,moans,bad storys about AA,good storys about AA,you wont hurt my feelings,im open to any comments out there
+Quote Post
morph
post Jan 9 2004, 04:43 PM
Post #18

quality parts builder

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i forgot the most important part
[FONT=Arial]appearance & performance
that is the name of our company
hiedi hogue/admin
nathan (james) hogue/914 guy
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jan 9 2004, 05:01 PM
Post #19

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

here is the list of Admins:

Brad
Novato, Calif

Gint

Denver CO.

Jeroen

The Netherlands

Lawrence
Baghdad, Iraq

olav
All Forums
Los Gatos, CA. USA

seanery
All Forums
Indy

SirAndy
All Forums
Oakland, California (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge6.gif)
+Quote Post
morph
post Jan 9 2004, 05:12 PM
Post #20

quality parts builder

Thanks for the list (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 11:33 PM