Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 Gathering at Porsche Parade 2008 - Charlotte, NC, Special Paddock Parking for all 914's
naro914
post May 20 2008, 12:01 PM
Post #1

Losing my mind...

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,073
Region Association: South East States

Hi everyone,
I'm not really sure where to post this, so if it's wrong, can someone move this post? I put it on the calendar, but I thought I would put it in a forum (being that I never knew there WAS a calendar)

For Porsche Parade 2008 held here in Charlotte, on SUNDAY JUNE 29TH, we are having a special 914 gathering section in the Paddock that is adjacent to the Concours on the Charlotte City Streets! We have approximately 70 slots open in the middle of all the action reserved just for 914's. And I do mean in the middle. If we get enough, we'll have our own street that runs right up to the judging area on the corner of Trade and Tryon streets (for those of you that know downtown Charlotte)

Look, the times to get out and have a show of force for the 914 community on such a big stage come few and far between. This is our chance to show the world what these great little cars are all about. I am also hoping to have the revival of Huey unveiled there!!

You do not have to be registered for Parade to participate, just send an email to the Paddock chair Bill Dunster (also a 914 owner) at [email]bdunster914@yahoo.com [/email] and he will get you on the list. We have an early staging time (don't ask!) in order to accomodate the over 500 total cars being displayed.

We look forward to seeing all the 914 running around Charlotte this year!!

Please respond to Bill by June 1 so we can make sure we can get everything organized.

-Bob Saville
President
Carolinas Region PCA
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
Rusty
post May 20 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #2

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

dates? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post May 20 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #3

Losing my mind...

QUOTE(Rusty @ May 20 2008, 02:37 PM) *

Oops, sorry. Corrected now. June 29th, the first Sunday of Parade.
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post May 20 2008, 02:50 PM
Post #4

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

That's 'cause they don't want 914s hanging around the "Real Porsches"...........

The Cap'n
+Quote Post
Rusty
post May 20 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #5

They might be worried we'll bring boxed wine and cheeze whiz.
+Quote Post
naro914
post May 20 2008, 02:56 PM
Post #6

Losing my mind...

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 20 2008, 04:50 PM) *

That's 'cause they don't want 914s hanging around the "Real Porsches"...........

The Cap'n

??? Not sure what you mean...
+Quote Post
SGB
post May 20 2008, 04:34 PM
Post #7

just visiting

Member No.: 404

He's just pokin at you. SOME of us still have a bit of a NARP complex.
Email is on the way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Rusty
post May 20 2008, 05:10 PM
Post #8

Well... mostly pokin fun, I'd guess. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Some of us still remember the snubs 914 owners got from PCA. I'm glad that's slowly turning around. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post May 20 2008, 05:24 PM
Post #9

Losing my mind...

OK, let me rephrase the question...not sure who you mean by "they".

"They" are Bill Dunster who is organizing the Paddock, and me, the Carolinas Region PCA President. Both long time 914 owners (I own 3 running, and I think 2 more parts cars)

We have over 500 cars entered for the Paddock, and a paltry 15 from the 914 community. Come on guys, that's pathetic. Get over the past, move on, and lets show up in force!

I guess I never felt "snubbed" in PCA. Our 914 is the first Porsche we owned (and still own) and we were welcomed into NNJR immediately. At the time, NNJR President Ken Geiger was a 914 guy, and so were all the local shop owners (EPC, Powertech). Plus, we all kicked everyone's a**'s in AX, and some were really fast on the track.

Think about it...every group feels "snubbed" at something or another. Everyone in the Porsche world recognizes that the 356 is the true, "classic" Porsche right? Well, those guys felt slighted at San Diego Parade because of a poor judgement in Paddock location. Nothing on purpose, but hey, sh*t happens.

In the end, we want everyone to have a good time. I would love to see all the 914's around come out of the woodwork. Values are going up, and more of us are restoring them to make some very cool rides. SHOW THEM OFF!!

OK, I'm off my soap box now. Just email Bill and get out here!
+Quote Post
Rusty
post May 20 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #10

That's great... thank you for posting this.

Sending ya a PM. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post May 21 2008, 08:19 AM
Post #11

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(naro914 @ May 20 2008, 03:24 PM) *

OK, let me rephrase the question...not sure who you mean by "they".

"They" are Bill Dunster who is organizing the Paddock, and me, the Carolinas Region PCA President. Both long time 914 owners (I own 3 running, and I think 2 more parts cars)

We have over 500 cars entered for the Paddock, and a paltry 15 from the 914 community. Come on guys, that's pathetic. Get over the past, move on, and lets show up in force!

I guess I never felt "snubbed" in PCA. Our 914 is the first Porsche we owned (and still own) and we were welcomed into NNJR immediately. At the time, NNJR President Ken Geiger was a 914 guy, and so were all the local shop owners (EPC, Powertech). Plus, we all kicked everyone's a**'s in AX, and some were really fast on the track.

Think about it...every group feels "snubbed" at something or another. Everyone in the Porsche world recognizes that the 356 is the true, "classic" Porsche right? Well, those guys felt slighted at San Diego Parade because of a poor judgement in Paddock location. Nothing on purpose, but hey, sh*t happens.

In the end, we want everyone to have a good time. I would love to see all the 914's around come out of the woodwork. Values are going up, and more of us are restoring them to make some very cool rides. SHOW THEM OFF!!

OK, I'm off my soap box now. Just email Bill and get out here!

Hi Bob (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)

I would like my turn on the soap box.
It's great Charlotte has welcomed 914's to display their cars with our blood brothers. It's a first step by PCA leaders to show support for long forgotten, snubbed 914 members who have waited patiently for this long overdue recognition. Now that it's starting to happen the 914 crowd will not throw our arms around PCA with all's forgiven untill time heals everyones feelings. PCA's new 914 changing attitude is appreciated. Thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) Now we need the Porsche factory to warm up their feelings to the best mid-engine Porsche they ever made. They need us more than we need them.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Off my soap box & thanks for the invite. I can't make it this year, but I know some of our best 914's will be there, Pat, Steve, George, Bill, Mark, Paul, etc. etc.

Tom

+Quote Post
naro914
post May 21 2008, 08:26 AM
Post #12

Losing my mind...

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the honest response. As I said, I - as well as Bill - have never felt snubbed at all from PCA so I guess we have been a little caught off guard here.

Just so you know too.... I just got a preview copy this morning of the Parade Charlotte Poster. Pictured are the angles and such of the obvious itterations of 911's (come on, it IS the most successful car model Porsche ever built) , Carrera GT, 356 Speedster, 962, 935 ( I think) and..... a 914.

So, let the 928/944 whining begin.... guess they are the next group that's going to feel left out!
+Quote Post
Rusty
post May 21 2008, 08:29 AM
Post #13

Actually... isn't it the 924 guys who feel the most punked? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post May 21 2008, 08:32 AM
Post #14

Losing my mind...

thought I would throw out a snippet from the poster....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
SGB
post May 21 2008, 08:35 AM
Post #15

just visiting

I really want a 924S. Whats WRONG with me?
+Quote Post
SGB
post May 21 2008, 08:37 AM
Post #16

just visiting

Woah!
Nice poster.
914 Front and center (I guess this is not the whole poster though) And its a 4 cyl too!
+Quote Post
Rusty
post May 21 2008, 08:38 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(SGB @ May 21 2008, 08:35 AM) *

I really want a 924S. Whats WRONG with me?

Do you want a list? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Dude... PM me your desk number. We gotta chat.
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post May 21 2008, 08:42 AM
Post #18

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(naro914 @ May 21 2008, 06:26 AM) *

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the honest response. As I said, I - as well as Bill - have never felt snubbed at all from PCA so I guess we have been a little caught off guard here.

Just so you know too.... I just got a preview copy this morning of the Parade Charlotte Poster. Pictured are the angles and such of the obvious itterations of 911's (come on, it IS the most successful car model Porsche ever built) , Carrera GT, 356 Speedster, 962, 935 ( I think) and..... a 914.

So, let the 928/944 whining begin.... guess they are the next group that's going to feel left out!

Thanks for the warm & welcome reply. Charlotte is going to be a Porsche happening like Woodstock!! I date myself.

Tom
BTW: Personal story: When I purchased my 914 a number of years ago I went to the local PCA across town regional group meeting. The president came up to me and started chit chat about Porsches. He asked me what I had, I told him "914" .
He cut me short & said have some of the cheeze & crackers & the (cheap) Two Buck Charlie wine is really good. It takes a long time to get over some of these put downs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post May 21 2008, 08:44 AM
Post #19

Losing my mind...

QUOTE(SGB @ May 21 2008, 10:37 AM) *

Woah!
Nice poster.
914 Front and center (I guess this is not the whole poster though) And its a 4 cyl too!

Nope, just a portion of it. Has the Charlotte City skyline, CGT rear wing, 962 (all of it) a bunch of 911's, etc. It's actually VERY cool, the guy did an amazing job with it. I've been getting copies of the sketches for months now, but it's great in color.
+Quote Post
'Cause
post May 21 2008, 08:44 AM
Post #20

..its all about toyz....

Member No.: 7,446

QUOTE(naro914 @ May 21 2008, 08:26 AM) *

Hi Tom,

What about the 968's??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) Where's the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 07:14 AM