Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> No association with seller in Oregon City
boxstr
post Feb 19 2004, 11:16 AM
Post #1

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Group: Members
Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

After the thread on yahoo from a buyer of a 914 that he bid on on ebay and then had shipped to Ohio, only to find out the car he received was not what he expected, I would like to state here that I have nothing to do with the seller. The reason I state this is because my storage facility is in Oregon City and I do not want to be associated with this seller
Here is a curent auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...1&category=6430
CCLINCAMP914
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 6)
mike_the_man
post Feb 19 2004, 11:33 AM
Post #2

I like stuff!

Member No.: 809

Do you know what was wrong with it? It looks to be in pretty good shape from the ebay add. Just curious.
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Feb 19 2004, 11:45 AM
Post #3

I add a "current" auction, not the auction from the buyer in Ohio. I have purchased items from a picture and I have been suprised both ways, good and bad.
CLINCAMP914
+Quote Post
Steve Thacker
post Feb 19 2004, 12:08 PM
Post #4

UMMMPH Yea Baby Yea ! UMMMPH

Member No.: 113
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Craig,
I think I know of this guy. I got a email from a Patrick Fallon "fallonsound@aol.com"
He lives up the road a piece "two miles" in Hilliard, Ohio. Dave "The Barber" Kimple tuned him on to me, since I live in the same area. He is going to call me this evening at home and I'm going to ease his mind and help him do whatever to this car it will need to get to the point that he is happy. True he will have to come up off some coin to get it there, but hey thats a nobrainer, if not then he should have not bought this car. I'm going to let him know that. I think he had stars in his eyes and didn't read the auction correctly,..he just saw the word Porsche. I'll straighten him out and get him back into the right frame of mind of which is sweat+ love+ aggravation + $$$$= Beautiful Porsche 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Below is his email to me.

Dave Kimple gave me your E-mail address from a 914 group I joined. My name is Patrick Fallon from Hilliard, Ohio and I just bought a Marathon Blue Metallic 1973 914 2.0 from E-bay shipped from Oregon. It has rough paint, peeled clearcoat, rust, ansa exhaust with a leak, 2 weber carbs that smell of gas, alloys that need polished, missing bulbs and needs a new battery or starter. I did not know what I was getting, and a total shock when it finally arrived. He said it was a driver that may be a candidate for restoration. I am not mechanically inclined and do not know the first thing from these quirky little cars. All I wanted was a Porsche for the common man and I feel like I got a over demanding child.
Sorry for the long lines but I just want to know some choices for who to take it to around Columbus for the best price. Thanks Patrick
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Feb 19 2004, 12:16 PM
Post #5

Steve Thank you for the reply. It doe's sound like he may have been thinking he was getting the Porsche of all Porsches and we all know how that plays out.
I replied to his first email, especially since I saw Oregon, I wanted to know who the car came from, and when I saw that it came from a seller in Oregon City I wanted to distance myself from that transaction and I wanted to state here where it might be best said.
I am glad that he has found someone such as yourself, who will take the time to guide him to what I hope is a rewarding 914 experience for him and all concerned.
Thanks again Steve.
CCLINCAMP914
+Quote Post
morph
post Feb 19 2004, 01:11 PM
Post #6

quality parts builder

Member No.: 1,389

We e-mailed him to see if we could look at it this weekend. Let you know how it looks.

Hiedi
+Quote Post
Steve Thacker
post Feb 20 2004, 12:00 PM
Post #7

UMMMPH Yea Baby Yea ! UMMMPH

Member No.: 113
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Didn't receive the call from the person up the road from me lastnight as he said he would. So I guess he has figured out what he is going to do with the car. I only offer assistance once, after that they are on autopilot.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 11:53 AM