Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bleedin' da brakes questions
ahdoman
post Mar 17 2008, 10:13 PM
Post #1

It's phonetic...Ah-D-O-Man (Audioman)

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,084
Region Association: Southern California

Hey all,
Just a couple of brake bleeding questions and a little background as to why I am doing this; Just finished installing the 5 lug conversion in the front (carrera brakes). So I had to unhook the brake lines (lost a little on the garage floor) and the newly rebuilt calipers need to be bled.
1) This is a long shot but; my brake fluid is blue in color. Any guesses as to what kind it is? I'd like to use the same DOT formula and not have to bleed the entire system.
2) If I do have to bleed the entire system how much fluid does the 914 hold and any recommendations for brake fluid?
3) I still have my proprtioning valve in place. What are the chances that the rear brake lines were effected? I am hoping to just bleed the front for now and bleed the rear brakes when I do the 5 lug conversion on the rear later this week.

Thanks for your help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
sww914
post Mar 18 2008, 02:10 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,146
Region Association: None

I use the ATE blue and the gold, I switch back and forth to make it easy to tell when I have all clean new fluid coming out. The blue is called Super Blue Racing, the gold is called Typ 200. The specs are identical, the only difference is that the blue looks really cool. It's only going to take another 10 minutes to bleed the rears too, You might as well do it all, but you can get away with just doing the fronts for now. 1 quart should do it, even if you bleed them twice, but it's only about $12.00 a quart, If you have to order it you might as well order 2 just in case and you'll have enough for next time.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 10:13 AM