Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> tire size
JBart
post May 7 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #1

UNDER CONSTRUTION

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,019

I'm looking to get new tires and i'm wondering what the lowest profile and widest for a narrow body car

Thanks,
jbart
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Carlitos Way
post May 8 2008, 10:39 AM
Post #2

I did it MY WAY

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,757
Region Association: Southern California

I'm running 205/55's because the 50's I had before were a little too stiff... I think the car LOOKS better with the 55's. They fill the fender well fully. I didn't have to roll the lips or make any changes to the car. The 205/55's fit just right with my stock 4lug fuchs. I was also concerned with speedo accuracy. Not that I'm ever going THAT fast... but it's nice to know you don't think you're going 80 when you're really only going 50. Also, because of gearing... going with too low of a profile may be counter productive if you intend to drive twisties very much.

As a side note, at some point I intend to go to 225/50-17's, but that will have to wait until I get my fender flares... and a few other upgrades.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 08:20 AM