Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> ot/ but funny as hell, only with a miata owner
messix
post Jun 9 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #1

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

Group: Members
From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

this has over 70,000 views, and i'm surprised no one has post it here yet.
http://www.miataturbo.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21521thread

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Todd Enlund
post Jun 10 2008, 11:30 AM
Post #2

Resident Photoshop Guru

Member No.: 8,032
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

This guy wasn't owned nearly as bad as Nick Sitko on the NSX forum:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98489
+Quote Post
GringoLoco
post Jun 10 2008, 09:09 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,100
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jun 10 2008, 10:30 AM) *

This guy wasn't owned nearly as bad as Nick Sitko on the NSX forum:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98489

You want internet ownage? Check this one out:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399203

Cliff notes version is some idiot named Charlie Wenzel advertised to sell a set of ring and pinion gears for his truck on pirate4x4.com (don't mess with those guys, btw). Another dude pops up and says that he sold them to him and then upped the price suddenly, but didn't send the gears. Classic bait and switch. Then they turned out to be used gears that he said were new. Then he refused to give refunds, behaved poorly, insulted board members, etc, and eventually the board turned on him in the most glorious display of web ownage I've ever seen. Public info was posted, I think parents were contacted if I remember, people in his area were ready to show up at his house armed, and everybody there now knows that you are NOT anonymous on the internet, lol. To this day, if you are defrauded online you were Wenzeled. The term Wenzeling also works for if you exact internet revenge on them. See below:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wenzeled

Another classic that I can't find happened on jeepforum.com (or at least I think it was there). Some members girlfriend had some weirdo contact her on MySpace, she was nice to him online, and he took that to mean he could stalk her (later on several other victims came forward and helped with the damage). So he proceeded to harass, stalk, etc, and even after being contacted by email and phone by the chick's boyfriend refused to back off, and was incredibly rude about it. So the guy goes to the forum for advice, doesn't even ask for help, but he got it. Within 24 hours everybody on the forum, and a few hundred from other forums that got the link, knew his full name, address, phone number, business name and address, vehicle info including license plate, parent's names and addresses, etc. They even posted pictures of his house with his truck in front of it. The Wenzel wannabe posted something to the effect of "you'll never find me" thinking that he was perfectly safe and anonymous (he didn't know about the thread on jeepforum). So the next morning, he woke up to find an 8x10 picture of himself (pulled off of his photography businesses website) with "you'll never find me!" written on it, and taped to his front door. They pretty much rocked his world, and within 72 hours, they had a taped public apology via phone call to the victim, where the loser very literally cries, sobs, and begs for mercy. They had him reduced to nothing and in fear of his life and career in less than 3 days. Most of it within 2 days. Total pwnage, lol. To this day one of the most important things I've learned is that there is great power in the ability of an internet forum. Everybody has each others back, and a few of the members just might be private detectives, cops, lawyers, or just borderline psychos.

edit: Now that I think about it I think the second one happened on a different forum and we just got the link to help out in the attack.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
messix   ot/ but funny as hell   Jun 9 2008, 10:04 PM
KaptKaos   That sucks.   Jun 9 2008, 10:11 PM
biosurfer1   I guess thats sort of funny, but pouring it in the...   Jun 9 2008, 10:31 PM
messix   I guess thats sort of funny, but pouring it in th...   Jun 9 2008, 10:37 PM
bryanc   keep reading it gets better. I read the whole...   Jun 10 2008, 06:21 AM
orange914   keep reading it gets better. I read the whol...   Jun 10 2008, 09:57 PM
Smitty911   I guess thats sort of funny, but pouring it in th...   Jun 10 2008, 10:05 PM
GringoLoco   I guess thats sort of funny, but pouring it in t...   Jun 11 2008, 10:45 AM
GringoLoco   I bought a 2007 Harley XL1200N Nightster last summ...   Jun 10 2008, 07:24 AM
Root_Werks   High School days: Ran out of gas in an old VW bug ...   Jun 10 2008, 08:21 AM
GringoLoco   High School days: Ran out of gas in an old VW bug...   Jun 10 2008, 08:30 AM
Root_Werks   High School days: Ran out of gas in an old VW bu...   Jun 10 2008, 11:11 AM
Todd Enlund   This guy wasn't owned nearly as bad as Nick Si...   Jun 10 2008, 11:30 AM
GringoLoco   This guy wasn't owned nearly as bad as Nick S...   Jun 10 2008, 09:09 PM
Todd Enlund   You want internet ownage? Check this one out: H...   Jun 11 2008, 12:42 PM
zymurgist   The Porsche world is by no means immune to fluids ...   Jun 10 2008, 02:27 PM
zymurgist   oh yeah, here's a classic thread from Pelican ...   Jun 10 2008, 02:38 PM
biosurfer1   that nsx thread sucks now since they let him back ...   Jun 10 2008, 02:45 PM
Todd Enlund   that nsx thread sucks now since they let him back...   Jun 10 2008, 05:25 PM
messix   both of those got to another forum i i'm on [n...   Jun 10 2008, 09:48 PM
Heeltoe914   Thats about righ on this Nick thing. The bad part ...   Jun 11 2008, 05:28 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 07:31 AM