Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Factory fuch finish?
1fastredsc
post Jun 26 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,010
Region Association: None

What's the factory finish on 914 fuches?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
1fastredsc
post Jun 26 2008, 06:14 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,010
Region Association: None

So if i'm trying to restore my wheels to sell them, should i blast them and then clear coat the results, or prime and paint them silver with clear? Which is more desirable is what i'm after?
+Quote Post
Matt Meyer
post Jun 27 2008, 02:07 PM
Post #3

Überlurker

Member No.: 1,411
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(1fastredsc @ Jun 26 2008, 05:14 PM) *

So if i'm trying to restore my wheels to sell them, should i blast them and then clear coat the results, or prime and paint them silver with clear? Which is more desirable is what i'm after?

Are they already painted? If so are they Fuchs or American Racing?

My recommendation is not to paint them. I would pay more for a poor factory finish than a painted "restored" fuch. Restoring fuchs is not really a DIY project.

Polished Fuchs are popular. I believe it is time consuming to polish them but if they need to be refinished that would be my choice. There is a tutorial on doing this if you are interested.

The factory finish is tough. It will take serious sanding or chemical etching to remove the annodization. This toughness of the factory finish makes painting to restore very undesirable IMHO.

To actually answer your question: I would not blast them. If you really have to, I'd at most lightly polish the paddles and rim and paint the back ground with silver. Oh it hurt to type that.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 04:06 AM