Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Yay! I have a compressor, Now with 100% less evil images
CliffBraun
post Dec 7 2008, 12:50 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,933
Region Association: None

A friend of mine called me about an old craftsman compressor on CL for $30 earlier today. Needless to say I was at the guy's house before I got off the phone. It had oil that may or may not have ever been changed (certainly was very dirty), and a small leak in one of the fittings.

Mysteriously at some point the fitting reseated itself properly and now there's a TINY leak on either side of the water trap. I now have a 1HP, oiled compressor to drive the air tools I bought and I paid only $30. I'm a very happy 914 owner right now.
(IMG:http://lolinter.net/fail/Compressor/scaled.IMG_2015.JPG)
Clicky pop image now.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
VaccaRabite
post Dec 7 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #2

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Replace the filter and water trap, and run it to see how it works. You are probably going to be limited to less demanding tools with this compressor. Sanders and such will tap it out pretty quick. However, its not a bad find for $30. It will run lots of stuff just fine, and even grinders and such if you go slow.

Zach
+Quote Post
CliffBraun
post Dec 7 2008, 05:24 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,933
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 7 2008, 01:52 PM) *

Replace the filter and water trap, and run it to see how it works. You are probably going to be limited to less demanding tools with this compressor. Sanders and such will tap it out pretty quick. However, its not a bad find for $30. It will run lots of stuff just fine, and even grinders and such if you go slow.

Zach

What Sww said to me was, "Even if you only ever use it to inflate tires, it'll be worth it." The most demanding thing I'll ever ask it to run is probably an impact gun, and I'm willing to wait a bit and use air strategically.

I've managed to fix every leak I can find and it's now held pressure as long as I've had it primed. I cleaned it off, cleaned out the filter and reassembled it. Also changed the oil.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 08:00 AM