Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Final MEI checklist, any post event business?
VaccaRabite
post Apr 27 2009, 04:26 PM
Post #1

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

We need to get the final $ and attendance numbers from Mike (who is now slammed - let me know if you need help with this).

We will need to set up an account to store funds for future events.

And we need to let Jim know that its time to start the planning for ECC 2009 in VA.

For accounts, there are several ways we could do it (listed in order of accountability):
1) Someone just sets up the account, but has to be on point to maintain it.
2) We ask World to become trustee for the funds for east coast events
3) We start an LLC (or non-profit equivelent) and they keep the funds.

Ideas?

Zach

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
rick 918-S
post Apr 28 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #2

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

These are the things that need to be considered for future events. There was a percentage of the attendance fee that was to cover the swap spaces. I seem to recall there was a break even point where we were collecting money that could cover cost over runs for the dinner. This was the cheapest event I've attended yet.

Because the event was a success, and we have the photo documentation, You may want to consider charging a couple bucks more next time.

It doesn't surprise my that B didn't come through with his sponsorship swag. His name is on the shirt. When I was helping out with the 2004 WCC he completely dropped the ball. If Jeff Bowlsby hadn't stepped up and took control there would have never been a begining. I'm not picking on B just letting you all know how he is. That's just how he is.

Oh, And one more thing. I seem to recall a comment from a sponsor (may have been craig from camp) after one of the West Coast events. I think he felt that if he contributed to the event as a sponsor his admittance to the event should be free.

This should be thought out carefully and addressed thoughtfully prior to the start of any event and the request for sponors help.

This is another reason the price of admission needs to be higher than the cost of the meal.

All in all we did a good job. If we get stuck for a couple bucks I'm sure we could all pitch in and split it. We will learn for this and make sure we don't repete the problem.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 12:59 AM