Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Possible Location
ClayPerrine
post May 23 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #1

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Degray Lake Resort State Park

It is about 30 minutes south of Hot Springs.

I have it from a reliable source that it can accommodate car clubs.

Take a look and see what you think.

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
pcar916
post May 30 2009, 04:27 PM
Post #2

Is that a Lola?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,188
Region Association: None

I know where all three of these places are and have the following to report:

1. The Baymont and the Clarion are fairly close together on Central Avenue out on the west side of town. Out there we are close to some good roads a good variety of restaurants, and a big shopping mall. I don't remember the Clarion parking, but the Baymont is a rather large lot and it's closer to the countryside. I don't know what it would be like when the place is at full capacity. There is a one of the best food places in HS 2 minutes away from there.

2. The Arlington is in the middle of downtown Hot Springs. From a historical perspective it's the bomb. Food is plentiful and varied around the hotel, and access to the centrally located "Scenic Overlook" (I don't remember what it's actually called) is easy. Parking is difficult outside of the hotel parking facilities but at the hotel, all cars would be under a roof. Organizing a string of cars from down there involves forming up on the outskirts of town and riding from there. Driving downtown is generally difficult with many traffic lights.

Lots, if not most, of the Arlington parking is in a parking structure a block or so from the hotel. Access to driving roads is about 10 to 20 minutes in most directions. There is a nice restaurant inside the Arlington and it's a really big one.

~Ron
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
post May 31 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #3

Hummmm!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,028
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(pcar916 @ May 30 2009, 05:27 PM) *

I know where all three of these places are and have the following to report:

1. The Baymont and the Clarion are fairly close together on Central Avenue out on the west side of town. Out there we are close to some good roads a good variety of restaurants, and a big shopping mall. I don't remember the Clarion parking, but the Baymont is a rather large lot and it's closer to the countryside. I don't know what it would be like when the place is at full capacity. There is a one of the best food places in HS 2 minutes away from there.

2. The Arlington is in the middle of downtown Hot Springs. From a historical perspective it's the bomb. Food is plentiful and varied around the hotel, and access to the centrally located "Scenic Overlook" (I don't remember what it's actually called) is easy. Parking is difficult outside of the hotel parking facilities but at the hotel, all cars would be under a roof. Organizing a string of cars from down there involves forming up on the outskirts of town and riding from there. Driving downtown is generally difficult with many traffic lights.

Lots, if not most, of the Arlington parking is in a parking structure a block or so from the hotel. Access to driving roads is about 10 to 20 minutes in most directions. There is a nice restaurant inside the Arlington and it's a really big one.

~Ron

Good report, Ron....

I have thought about traffic and there are back roads from Arlington to Hwy 70(W. Mountian Dr) which could be worked out. Miss all downtown traffic lights. It is easy access to 7 north. We want to stay off 7 in HS as much as we can.

The Baymont is out. They are takin that weekend.

I am going to get a final proposal from Clarion and Arlington.

Ron, Is the Back Porch the eating place you are talking about?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 02:13 PM