Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Kirkey seats anyone useing them?
rfuerst911sc
post Nov 3 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,980
Region Association: South East States

This past weekend I picked up a Kirkey 09200 seat for $20.00 without the cover. For the money I couldn't pass on it as I may use this in the 914 for AX and DE's. So any of you guys using these? If yes how did you install them? I believe Kirkey says NOT to use sliders? Any pics of installs? I figure if I don't install it in the 914 I can always display it in the " man room ". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
puff adder
post Aug 24 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,827
Region Association: None

When I bought my race car it had the same seat as yours, which is an off-road seat which supports the driver around the rib cage.

The car was beyond impossible to get in and out of.

I just installed the Kirkey Road Intermediate, and it fits perfectly, and does not impede ingress and egress at all. The supports are around the shoulder area.

The third pic is of the older off-road seat, which was just horrible for getting in and out. The rib wrap-arounds stuck me right in the back, and once in the car, I needed a chain and come-along to get me out of the car!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 10:25 PM