Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Kirkey seats anyone useing them?
rfuerst911sc
post Nov 3 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,980
Region Association: South East States

This past weekend I picked up a Kirkey 09200 seat for $20.00 without the cover. For the money I couldn't pass on it as I may use this in the 914 for AX and DE's. So any of you guys using these? If yes how did you install them? I believe Kirkey says NOT to use sliders? Any pics of installs? I figure if I don't install it in the 914 I can always display it in the " man room ". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
puff adder
post Aug 24 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,827
Region Association: None

My car uses the drag racing seat for the passenger seat. I just re-installed it (removed the cool-box and cold air pump) so I can be instructed.

The drag seat is not very rigid, mine is also fastened at the seat back to the roll bar. I would say it's fine for street/track, but the Road Intermediate is the model that fits and really feels good.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
tomeric914
post Aug 24 2009, 02:33 PM
Post #3

One Lap of America in a 914!

Member No.: 9,101
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(puff adder @ Aug 24 2009, 01:36 PM) *

My car uses the drag racing seat for the passenger seat. I just re-installed it (removed the cool-box and cold air pump) so I can be instructed.

The drag seat is not very rigid, mine is also fastened at the seat back to the roll bar. I would say it's fine for street/track, but the Road Intermediate is the model that fits and really feels good.

Thanks Puff, those are the pics and feedback I need! PCA requires both driver and passenger to be seated and restrained identically so to Richard's comments, you may need to change out the passenger seat to match the driver. Think of it from the passenger's view. You want them to have the same protection as yourself.

My seats will be rigidly mounted to the floor and a back brace to the roll cage. Anybody else who wants to drive the car will need a booster seat (sorry Cupomeat).

Anybody else have pics of their Kirkey installs?
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 12:08 AM