Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wiring Question, Switched Hot @ Fuse Panel
andys
post Oct 10 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 721
Region Association: None

I need to run a some relays for my V8 conversion, and need a switched +12 volt source. I'd like to tap into a source off the fuse panel. My question is which fuses are 'on' when ignition is on (switched)? I'm pretty sure fuse #8 is switched, but which others are switched? I'd like to use #8 since it's for fog lights (which I don't have), but I believe it's constant +12 volts (since a relay switches them on). BTW, the wiring is incomplete so I can't simply power up the system and turn the ignition switch to read switched sources.
Thanks,
Andys
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
andys
post Oct 15 2009, 12:25 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 721
Region Association: None

Mark,

I deleted my relay board and changed the function of some of those exisiting 914 wires to suit what I need for the PCM controls. I still had to run 11 additional wires through the tunnel on top of that! I converted the fuel pump wire to a PCM controlled fuel pump signal wire. I don't think I'd want to risk driving three other relay coils using that wire since I'm not sure how much current the PCM can handle without causing damage.

I think my only question from Larry's posts was F8 and F9 functions and switching and of course how the '75 wiring diagram differs from the earlier models. If you could verify which one of those fuses are switched, that would be great (not to question Larry, but a verification would end any hesitation).

I'm eventually going to to start some kind of build thread or blog or (?) of my LS1/Audi 6 speed conversion. As you know, it takes time to edit and organize all the photos.

Andys
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 07:08 AM