Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How do you get access to the valves?
jschaible
post Nov 5 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,870
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Newbie question:
How do you actually get access into the valves on my 1.8L? I 've set valves on other cars many times before, but I can't figure out how you get into the (heavily obscured) valve covers!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
VaccaRabite
post Nov 5 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #2

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Pull out all the heater stuff and install headers. Then you have plenty of room. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

First time I went to do valves on a car that still had all the heater stuff, I thought it was near impossible. Turns out, its just frusterating.

Zach
+Quote Post
underthetire
post Nov 5 2009, 01:21 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,623
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Nov 5 2009, 10:10 AM) *

Pull out all the heater stuff and install headers. Then you have plenty of room. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

First time I went to do valves on a car that still had all the heater stuff, I thought it was near impossible. Turns out, its just frusterating.

Zach

Hey zach, on the heater stuff, I kept overheating my oil temp~250 or so and could not find any issues. One morning I decided i had enough rattling from the pass side heater ducting that wasn't hooked up anyway, so I stripped everything off except the actual heat exchanger. I blocked the output hole on the fan shroud, then drove the car around. Drove 300+ miles since and my oil temp stays at 190, never over 210 now. Sound logical to you ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 04:43 AM