Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Please help/ need advice, Rough running cold
ILM914
post May 9 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,126
Region Association: None

Hi verybody: Any help here is greatly apprecialted. My 74 2.0 studders, hesitates and runs rough 1 min after starting up for about 10 min. It runs ok when warmed up fully, but I think it would run even better warm and cold if this problem was solved. I've checked for the obvious vacume leeks - found none, and I checked the temp head sensor neat # 3 cylinder. When I connected the harness wire to negative batt terminal the car would barely run. I guess the sensor is OK?. Thank you for any help on this, everyone on this site has been really helpful - great site!. Thanks, Joe
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
detoxcowboy
post May 10 2010, 09:54 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

I am still leaning on your cht or valve adjustment..

but to test the aar, first take an observation notice. does your idle speed drop a little after it is warmed up say 15 minutes idle or longer.. or you can take it out and apply voltage and watched the valve inside? if not then the aar is stuck...

i would not worry about the cold start valve yet, but you can pull it out and turn the key without staring it a few times and see if it is leaking.. the cold start valve does not even operate (or at least not supposed too) unless your in freezing tempature weather as stated above.. it get the signal from your ts1...

your description suggest symptoms of warm start over enrichment without the warm start over, cold cold start right? not warm cold start?

djet trouble shooting tips and guide analysis ... read link below

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:24 PM