Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> autocross rules
ynotdd
post Mar 8 2004, 11:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 140

were does your club get there autocross rules from ? Prade rules? modified prade? or do they just make them up? my club always used modified prade rules now they went to a totally new set( two weeks before the first autocross)of rules . 2.0 914 in same class as a 89 911 carrera or a 89 930? wish me luck!!
tony (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spank.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ArtechnikA
post Mar 8 2004, 04:07 PM
Post #2

rich herzog

Group: Members
Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE(L8Apex @ Mar 8 2004, 01:52 PM)
whatever the one on www.pca-ggr.org is. That's what the locals use. I don't see why clubs always have 'regional rules' and stuff like that.

yes, that's the Golden Gate Region ruleset, and it's generally accepted among all of Zone 7.

the reason different Regions have different rules is that National permits it. the guys at the Rules committee are working to standardise that; i expect it'll be a while.

different areas of the country have different venues, different interests, different access to services - or at least that was historically true. but some regions are geographically HUGE. it makes no sense to even consider travelling outside the Region to an event, unless it's Parade, in which case there are different rules anyway.

one reason different regions have different rules is that guys who make the rules like winning, and sometimes don't like having their prestigous 911 Carrera shown up by entry-level Boxsters or - God forbid - 914's... some Regions highly favor originality and The Old Ways, and will tend to favor 356's (still).

i'm on the borderline where i live, and i think i'm on the threshold of making several small, reasonable modifications the cumulative effect of which may put me in a classification where a full cage and fire suit are required. pretty silly for a street-driven car, i think, so there may be some friction egnerated...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 01:26 AM