Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tire age., How old is to old? Regardless of wear.
championgt1
post Jun 22 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #1

Don't embarrass me Filmore!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,420
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I have a set of Yokahamas that have less than a 100 miles on them. They look new and have been in my garage. Thing is I bought them about 5 or 6 years ago. I want to have them mounted and use them, but am I asking for trouble doing this?
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
championgt1
post Jun 22 2010, 10:22 PM
Post #2

Don't embarrass me Filmore!

Member No.: 7,420
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Sean, I am with you. I am concerned about the age. I guess four hundred bucks on new tires is alot cheaper than taking a chance and having a tire go south and tear up the car.

Tom, are you trying to say I should not use the original 36 year old spare in the front trunk! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jun 23 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #3

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jun 22 2010, 09:22 PM) *

Sean, I am with you. I am concerned about the age. I guess four hundred bucks on new tires is alot cheaper than taking a chance and having a tire go south and tear up the car.

Tom, are you trying to say I should not use the original 36 year old spare in the front trunk! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Ummmm......yeah Jack - that's only for CW show now buddy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Those Yoko's MAY be okay for a year or 2 if cash is tight - depending on their true age, but a new set at $500 or more all in & mounted - with a new spare too - is a safer bet.

Hey, you can still get new old school Michelin XWX 185/70VR15's like the M-471 package came with at Lucas Tires special order - but they'll set you back $407 EACH last I looked - plus mount & balance, tax, shipping if not near Lucas in SoCal or Ohio, etc.!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

If anyone is interested in those as a total CW - PM me for their contact info, cuz I'm not tracking this thread, just checked back this once.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 03:34 PM