Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> replacing burnt wires, where to buy correct colored wires?
narino
post Jun 30 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,001
Region Association: None

So am I nuts for wanting to replace wires with the same color/stripe wires? I couldn't find one thread on this topic here, and i'm there is more than a handful of us that have had a toasty wire or two.

I figured replace them with the same color so later when I look at a wiring diagram I don't confuse myself further.

Anyone have a source to buy colored wires?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jun 30 2010, 01:05 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

absolutely replace with the same color and the size!!!! buy if you need a used wiring harness lump and take wires from it.

QUOTE(narino @ Jun 30 2010, 11:47 AM) *

So am I nuts for wanting to replace wires with the same color/stripe wires? I couldn't find one thread on this topic here, and i'm there is more than a handful of us that have had a toasty wire or two.

I figured replace them with the same color so later when I look at a wiring diagram I don't confuse myself further.

+Quote Post
detoxcowboy
post Jun 30 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jun 30 2010, 12:05 PM) *

absolutely replace with the same color and the size!!!! buy if you need a used wiring harness lump and take wires from it.

QUOTE(narino @ Jun 30 2010, 11:47 AM) *

get a used harness, thats what I did, you will have plenty of good lengths of correct (metric sized/original color patterns) colored wire, jeff bolwsby does not use old wire nor metrics.. and your not going to find wire striped in the patrern used on a 914 anywhere new bulk..
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 02:47 PM