Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How do you guys feel about 2.7's?, Tell me the good and bad.
speed metal army
post Feb 19 2011, 04:09 PM
Post #1

Waiting for the rain to stop...

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,137
Region Association: Canada

Looking at a 2.7.Is there some things(besides the obvious wear,compression etc.)that I should look for?Is it a worthwhile swap?Thanks guys!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Steve
post Feb 22 2011, 08:57 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

I bought a 1974 2.7 in 1986 that had a top end overhaul, with no case work. I ran it with webers and it sounded awesome. It was just enough HP that the stock gearing still felt right. You can also use an early flywheel and clutch, so the clutch also feels like the 4 setup. I ran that motor for 14 years until it started to pull the head studs. At the time they wanted $8k to over haul it, so i sold it and bought a 84 euro 3.2 for $5200. The 3.2 dme injection is awesome and the extra power is nice, but the downside is the gearing is messed up. 1st and 5th is to low, so I try to start off in 2nd and the Kennedy clutch also sucks compared to the 2.7 with an early clutch and flywheel. I am now saving up for a 915 trans and will install a hydraulic clutch. The infamous slippery slope to do it right!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 05:29 AM