Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT - How much and where do I find a Suby 2.5L Turbo Engine?, For a bud in Sacramento
avidfanjpl
post Jun 26 2011, 12:02 AM
Post #1

914 Hemophiliac

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,566
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

My mechanic's old bud wants a Suby 2.5L Turbo engine. Where can he look for one?

Assume 30-50k miles that can be verified. Also, is the tranny good, or can he mount what he likes? It would go in a Porsche. We decide later on that. I am voting for 914.

1. What kind of money are we talking about without a tranny, with a Suby tranny?

2. Anyone know of a wholesaler in Central CA? Anywhere in CA?

3. We assume WRX heritage, right?

4. Are there certain years that are best?

Collectively, we all know nothing about Suby turbo 4 motors, other than they are waterboxers.

Thanks!

John
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
pktzygt
post Jun 27 2011, 06:19 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,611

The motors came in wrx, forester legacy and baja in the united states. The '02-'05wrx were 2.0 everything else was 2.5, all STi's were 2.5. Japanese motors generally make more HP but i'm not going to get into that here.
+Quote Post
DukeTrout
post Jun 27 2011, 11:05 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,609
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The EJ25 turbo motors also came in the Outback XT between 2005 and 2009.

QUOTE(pktzygt @ Jun 27 2011, 05:19 AM) *

The motors came in wrx, forester legacy and baja in the united states. The '02-'05wrx were 2.0 everything else was 2.5, all STi's were 2.5. Japanese motors generally make more HP but i'm not going to get into that here.

+Quote Post
pktzygt
post Jun 28 2011, 07:16 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,611

QUOTE(DukeTrout @ Jun 27 2011, 01:05 PM) *

The EJ25 turbo motors also came in the Outback XT between 2005 and 2009.

QUOTE(pktzygt @ Jun 27 2011, 05:19 AM) *

Legacy wagon/legacy outback were about the same thing but the main difference was that the outback had a lift and bigger tires. Don't get it confused with the outback sport which looked like a WRX but didn't have the good motor.

You want a weird one? How about the Saab 9-2x. It was a joint Saab(GM) and Subaru project. It was a WRX with leather and different headlights. When GM drove Saab completely into the toilet, they could be bought new for less than a WRX with leather and a better warranty.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 12:20 AM