Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My first course design..., ...coming up in two weeks.
BMXerror
post Jul 4 2011, 07:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,842

SCCA regional practice & championship event at El Toro in two weeks. I'm a bit nervous.
Mark D.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Randal
post Jul 27 2011, 11:50 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

Nice design. You had enough room to allow for a very fast course, which looked to be great fun.

Only (constructive) comment was that there wasn't much out there to slow anyone down, so more like a windy road course as opposed to a classic autox course with more "transitions" to test overall driver skills.

By the way I've sent all of the courses I designed to Roger (SCCA Guru) down in Houston for comments. He gets right back to you and gives you valuable feedback.

That A mod car looked like fun. Got to build one of those!

+Quote Post
BMXerror
post Jul 27 2011, 07:39 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,842

QUOTE(Randal @ Jul 27 2011, 10:50 AM) *

Only (constructive) comment was that there wasn't much out there to slow anyone down, so more like a windy road course as opposed to a classic autox course with more "transitions" to test overall driver skills.

Agreed... partially. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I think there's plenty of transitional stuff, but I didn't want it to just be slalom, corner, slalom, corner, ect. So I achieved the transitions a different way; with the walls, and compound corners. That being said, there was a little too much flow, and not enough pinch points. This made for a "crowd pleaser" course, as Tom Berry put it. I could've choked down the turn-arounds and the box a bit more to help this. Although Tom also said it drove more technically than it walked. All in all, I'm happy with it as my first design.
Yes, Bill, El Toro is an awesome venue. Tons of room and tons of grip. We were actually sharing with PCA last weekend, and had room to spare! It was a little faster than usual, but not by a whole lot. We run pretty fast at El Toro. However, I would've still liked to choke it down about 3 mph on average. Most people were just hitting the rev limiter in 2nd, but those who weren't afraid to grab a gear had a distinct advantage. Tom hit 3rd in his BSP Evo 4 times, and took top PAX out of 167 entries. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) I'm still waiting for that video. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Mark D.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 04:01 PM