Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Guys with 915 Transmissions, help!
RiqueMar
post Oct 22 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #1

Enrique Allen Mar

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,478
Region Association: Southern California

Jumping right in to the 3.6 project, there has always been an issue shifting into 2 or 3rd gear. Sometimes it is very easy, and other times very difficult, but inconsistent nontheless; I suspect a bushing issue.

The other day, the problem just got worse. Now, I cannot engage Reverse gear (down and to the right) and when I do, it the car goes forward as if it was in say, 4th or 5th.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing when it comes to this setup, as I didn't build it. I know that it is a 914 with a Wevo kit, and what looks like a stock 911 shift mechanism.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
PRS914-6
post Oct 23 2011, 12:09 AM
Post #2

Excellence Magazine Project 914 3.6

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 6,031
Region Association: None

If you have a WEVO there should only be 2 bushings assuming it was installed with u-joints. The cup at the shifter and another at the firewall. The firewall "should" be the self aligning bearing style and not likely to wear out. If plastic, grab the shaft at the firewall and see if it has excessive play at the bushing.

Pull out the 911 shifter and check the cup. Make sure the shifter shaft coming out of the boot at neutral is aiming straight up and down, if not reclamp the shaft until it does.

Mine shifts like my Subaru.....

Also, make sure the shift shaft is not hitting something in the tunnel. Mine did and required some creative bending.
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Oct 23 2011, 09:18 AM
Post #3

Enrique Allen Mar

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,478
Region Association: Southern California

Awesome guys! Thank you for all the responses. I plan to get the car on the lift for a period tomorrow and check it out, it's going to be one hell of a learning experience, and I'll be sure to document with plenty of pictures.

I'm almost certain I'll have more questions, as I'm thinking of popping on the Rennshifter I have.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 01:43 PM