Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Nice one to watch on Ebay
tod914
post Jan 17 2012, 10:52 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974-PORSCH...=item2318a11f69
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Scott S
post Jan 19 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #2

Small Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 633

That motor/tranny has recently been degreased. I would bet a shiny penny that based on what it looks like now, it was filthy before it was cleaned.

The dash material is correct. The radio plate is what is different. That radio and plate may have been installed just to try and push the low mileage story.

Pedal pads dont look bad at all. Mine with 10k miles on them look worse.

My clutch pedal is slightly cocked. I have seen many 914's with this.They are basically a long bolt with a jamb nut - they can turn over time.

looks like cosmoline on the door jamb hardware, as it is specifically placed and located in areas that are not usual big rust spots.

The repaint and the residual gunk on the motor/in the engine bay makes me pretty confident that the mileage is not right.

it's very pretty. 20k pretty? Like anything else, it is worth what someone is willing to pay.

Cut the fenders, flair it,throw in a -6 and a 5 bolt conversion and call it good!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 07:37 PM