Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> again with the gas prices..., http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,
mikester
post May 12 2004, 04:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 837

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,20...2119362,00.html

What we have here...is someone making a profit...who decides when you're charging too much for something?

Well - these guys are capitalists and they will CHARGE WHATEVER THE MARKET WILL BEAR.

So the only solution is to find some other way to work making fuel in less demand than it is right now.

I say we start a pool - winner gets a 914 hat or something...

Guess what the highest $ per gallon will be on labor day (end of summer).

I'm just saying...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
bondo
post May 12 2004, 07:03 PM
Post #2

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Group: Members
Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

The problem I see with gas prices is that the normal process of supply and demand don't fully apply. Sure, when gas prices go up we may not go on trips as often. Some people can bus or bike or carpool to work. But for the rest of us, we have to pay whatever they charge, or we lose our jobs. Only at the point where it's cheaper to not go to work would it be economically feasible for me to just not buy gas. As for the gas companies, I know they're trying to rip us off any way they can. Here on the central coast of CA I've seen differences of 20-30 cents between gas stations of the same brand, off the same highway. The only difference is that one looks like it's the only gas station for miles, and the other is closer to a town. It can't possibly cost 20-30 cents more a gallon to transport the gas 2 exits down, and you know the overhead is lower when it's further from the town.

Ahh, that was a nice rant.
--Royce
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 06:05 AM