Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel Injector DIY, anyone...?
Prospectfarms
post Mar 17 2012, 10:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,801
Region Association: Upper MidWest

A few months ago I replaced 2 leaky injectors with new from Now one of the remaining originals has stopped delivering fuel. I assume it's clogged. I don't want to buy another one if I can clear this one. Anyone done it at home? redharvey uses a 3 volt transformer and carb cleaner: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1514533
Anyone else?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
SLITS
post Mar 18 2012, 07:24 AM
Post #2

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

If it's not spraying, it could be a bad / dead solenoid. It should "click" when power is applied. They also will have a resistance across the terminals of 2.5 ohms.

The machine that does them holds them open (powered) and a cleaning solution is run through them. A leak down test along with a flow test is performed. Leak down is applying a known pressure to see if the injector leaks at all (not powered) under pressure. If it leaks around the plastic to metal barrel interface, it is tossed. If it leaks through the pintel, you can try cleaning it again.

A flow test (cc/min) is then performed to see if it is close to the manufacturers' specification.

I once set up a fuel rail ( two injectors). Used a common pump (single in, single out) with a container of cleaning fluid, and a stock pressure regulator. All cleaning fluid was returned to the container. I set 30 lbs pressure and then triggered the injectors and let the cleaning solution run through them for 8 hours. I could also watch the spray pattern of the injectors. The only thing I couldn't do was change the micro-screen in the inlet of the injectors (didn't have a supply of them.

it would also be nice to be able to run the cleaning fluid in the opposite direction .. backflushing as it were.
+Quote Post
Prospectfarms
post Mar 18 2012, 07:30 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,801
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 18 2012, 09:24 AM) *

If it's not spraying, it could be a bad / dead solenoid. It should "click" when power is applied. They also will have a resistance across the terminals of 2.5 ohms....

it would also be nice to be able to run the cleaning fluid in the opposite direction .. backflushing as it were.

TX Slits, for the solenoid resistance specs and good description of your cleaning set-up. I agree about back-flushing. Maybe reharvey sprays both ends?
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 05:30 AM