Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Autocross Setup
EdwardBlume
post May 15 2012, 11:57 PM
Post #1

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

I'm wanting some input on autcross setup.

1750 lbs
200+ hp /6
Fg flares
Front welt bar
Torsion unknown
Koni adjustable x 4
LSD

What spring rates?
Camber f and r
Toe out?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
grantsfo
post May 18 2012, 02:07 PM
Post #2

Arrrrhhhh!

Group: Members
Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

Rob, I kept the car fairly soft and didnt have aggressive alignment. I had planned to convert car to ax setup if I hadnt sold it to you. It was still fairly balanced so I could run track and autocross without touching a thing. Got a little push at Marina but I wasnt willing to change things becuase it was very well balanced on track. My autocross setup for Shoot out was to put fresh set of Good Years on the car. LOL!

The front torsions are 19 mm. Front sway is 21 mm. You will want to get shorter rear springs to get car a little lower. Soft springs and higher ride hieght in AX stresses the LSD. The LSD is definitely getting tired. I dont think you need to go TB just check clutch plates. Give the car a little tow out in front. the car was corner balanced when I had it. Shocks are nothing special. Boge up front and Koni Yellows in rear. I'd go with better shock if its in the budget.

With that car I'd stick with lightweight canti setup as the motor has a real tough time until its over 4750 RPM. Lighter canti setup spins up faster. Maybe even look for either a tall 1st gear or lower 2nd for ax if you keep this motor. I'd rebuild the motor to 2.8 for ax with more torque or better gearing you could consider 275 Hoosier setup. Its really lacking torque one needs to go fast off the slower turns.

Fuel starve? Never happened to me after we baffled the carbs? What kind of gas you using now? I also always ran the car near 1/2 tank as I wanted more weight up front so maybe I never had that issue because I ran with full tank but I know when LSD is slipping and it wasnt due to losing power. I had baseline for that LSD when it was new and the differnce was signficant towards the last few events.

This post has been edited by grantsfo: May 18 2012, 02:19 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 11:43 AM