Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> cautionary tale for the 914 racers here, vid gets a bit long waiting for the tow truck but worth a view
byndbad914
post Sep 16 2012, 10:46 AM
Post #1

shoehorn and some butter - it fits

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,463
Region Association: None

check out my channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/byndbad914?feature=mhee

The latest track day adventure. Had a couple friends out and was going to split the first session of the day giving them both a quick ride while I warmed up the tires... turns out to not be the case but also get to learn a new lesson.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
byndbad914
post Sep 16 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #2

shoehorn and some butter - it fits

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,463
Region Association: None

yeah, car was feeling great and already off to a good start with 1:59s considering I was also having to let off and brake incredibly early for every turn.

and yes, trans is fine, the only issue is the hub nut. Even tho' it is a locking design, apparently you have to check them periodically. And I know to torque the crap out of them when they are installed, I normally hit it really hard with my impact gun and then verify the gun cleared 150 ft-lbs with my torque wrench. Sort of surprised it loosened up.

To be honest, the car was a little skatey the last track day when I ran the 1:54.97 under heavy braking, so I think it was loosened up a bit even then and I didn't catch it even tho' I replaced the brake pads! I really think the car is worth consistent 1:53s if I ever got everything right in one day. I can say that one day last year we were timing my car in three sections on top of my lap timer, and if you pieced together the best three sections I would have had high 1:53 and I know the car is faster than that now with a few more changes. That is pretty much smoking for that track.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 10:23 PM