Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Trailing arm bearing, removal trick??
toon1
post Oct 25 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,022

Does anyone have a trick to remove the bearing from the trailing arm without ruining it?

I ran into a problem while doing my 5 lug conversion.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
wingnut86
post Oct 25 2012, 12:49 PM
Post #2

...boola la boo boola boo...

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,645
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Search the threads here and on The Pelican site.

All the previous respondents are absolutely correct, and then some.

No shortcut on the trailing arms, especially after the crud sets in and you have rubber bushings.

I keep 2 sets of bearings in my garage fridge - fully aware that I will NEVER attempt to save trailing arm bearings again - shudder at the visuals of the first couple of attempts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Note that Eric is a serious "Pro" and has accomplished this more times than he probably wants to remember, and has all the correct tools needed. And, he still has an extra set of frozen bearings next to his cold brew (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) - I'm assuming that last part. And I just shipped him some of my headaches to boot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

I have said it before and will say it again - heat & PB Blaster are your friend, as well as a 3/4" impact wrench and impact sockets to fit... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)

There are great threads on our site, just search "trailing arms" or similar...

Good luck and wear safety goggles.

Dave

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:18 AM