Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help with brown interior restoration
ChrisVCR
post Dec 31 2012, 10:26 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,335
Region Association: None

I am having a hard time finding replacement carpet and seat vinyl for my brown interior 74. Any suggestions on best source for a carpet kit and seat vinyl?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Tom_T
post Dec 31 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

I'm pretty sure that Global, World & Autos International are all working from the same materials sources - & they'll send you samples (order online); and those are also the sources for GoWesty, Bus Depot, vsip & the other VW guys (although the VW guys do stock some of the 75-76 914 plaids).

World & AI can do both 914 kits & full service reupholstery, and the 911 CW guys swear by AI for 356, 911/912, etc. too.

Unfortunately, they can get black basketweave - but no friggin' beige/tan or brown anymore, which is strange since they just heat-press the pattern into whatever color. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

You might try this Belgian carpet source, as they're supposedly a better quality loop pile than the domestics sold here (& maybe better than the German sold here too), according to some members. They may send a sample too.

http://www.lakewell.com/en/products/porsch...rsche-914-69-76

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 02:57 AM