Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> AutoX, Goodyear vs Hoosier slicks
Randal
post Jul 19 2004, 10:14 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

Anyone used the new Goodyear 250 compound tires and also the Hoosier softer slicks and have an opinion?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Mike T
post Jul 26 2004, 04:28 PM
Post #2

can't 'member

Group: Members
Member No.: 161

QUOTE(Randal @ Jul 26 2004, 11:24 AM)

Actually I never had a new set of 210's, I got the ones I have (used) from Jim Hayes when he quit racing. Most had reasonable rubber left, but timing wise were over a year old. But even those old 210's worked reasonable well.

When I was running the cantelever tires all Hoosier had was an R45 tire. The Hoosier guy tried to tell me they were equal to the GY R210 but I was unwilling to risk the $ for a full set to find out. I run mostly local events so I bought used tires from various suppliers. I did on 3 occasions buy new R210s and was dissapointed to find the used tires felt faster. I attributed it to improper break in of the new tires. The used full tread ones I was buying were heat cycled and the new ones were just run with no attempt to heat cycle. No place to do it locally. No numbers just seat of the pants. YMMV

MIke T
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 11:03 PM