Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Vinyl Stripes?
stevegm
post Aug 21 2015, 10:25 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,633
Region Association: South East States

I am considering adding stripes to my silver 914. Up the hood, and engine and trunk lid. It was recently painted (base coats/clear coat). Does anyone know a way I can put stripes on it without damaging the paint? So I could take them off later if I want.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
CodyBFR
post Aug 21 2015, 11:13 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,130

After letting the paint cure for a good month+ the vinyl won't hurt the paint, but the problem is that the area under the vinyl won't have sun damage like the exposed areas. Even on silver there is fade/color change from sun exposure so if you peel the graphic off 5 years down the road you'll be able to see the pattern in the paint.
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Aug 21 2015, 11:15 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,633

QUOTE(JohnBFR @ Aug 21 2015, 01:13 PM) *

After letting the paint cure for a good month+ the vinyl won't hurt the paint, but the problem is that the area under the vinyl won't have sun damage like the exposed areas. Even on silver there is fade/color change from sun exposure so if you peel the graphic off 5 years down the road you'll be able to see the pattern in the paint.

That is what I am afraid of. The car is parked inside. But, still. A friend of mine has some venial and car wrapping experience. He said to use:

3M
Control tack 7 year wrap material

He said he didn't think that this would cause the paint to be a different color when I take the vinyl off.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 06:27 AM