Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Vinyl Stripes?
stevegm
post Aug 21 2015, 10:25 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,633
Region Association: South East States

I am considering adding stripes to my silver 914. Up the hood, and engine and trunk lid. It was recently painted (base coats/clear coat). Does anyone know a way I can put stripes on it without damaging the paint? So I could take them off later if I want.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
carr914
post Aug 22 2015, 05:19 AM
Post #2

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 21 2015, 10:20 PM) *

Steve I added stripes to my 70 9 years ago. This was the look I was going for. When it was time to get the car painted (5 years later) I removed the vinyl stripes the paint was fine under the vinyl. I did have to buff the edges to remove the line edge.

I like that look so much that when I had it painted (later that year) I had the stripes painted on this time. Some people thought I was crazy and said if I ever try to sell it that I would have a hard time doing that. Well....... recently took exactly two weeks to sell a close to my asking price of $14.5 k.

YMMV but I say stripe away, it's your car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

When Steve had the Strenger car repainted, he had the Stripes done in Vinyl

before

Attached Image

after

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 06:30 AM