Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Strange, Won't start
Shredhead
post Oct 18 2016, 02:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,047
Region Association: North East States

So my '74 2.0 FI has been running well. I do an oil change (warm), start it and run it for a short while, check oil, top it off. Next day I go to start it and it kicks a little but won't run. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) I checked to see if I perhaps knocked a vacuum line off, but everything looks okay. Any ideas? Where is the best place to start diagnosis?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
BeatNavy
post Oct 18 2016, 06:00 PM
Post #2

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Shredhead @ Oct 18 2016, 04:33 PM) *

So my '74 2.0 FI has been running well. I do an oil change (warm), start it and run it for a short while, check oil, top it off. Next day I go to start it and it kicks a little but won't run. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) I checked to see if I perhaps knocked a vacuum line off, but everything looks okay. Any ideas? Where is the best place to start diagnosis?

Ok, I'll (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) this to the top. I don't think the oil change in and of itself is the issue. A disconnected vacuum line probably won't do this either. Start with these fundamentals:

1. Is the fuel pump priming when you put the ignition on?

2. Are the injectors actually firing?

3. Are you getting spark?

Since you were underneath the car during the oil change it's possible you disconnected the connections to the pump. You need to narrow the possibilities down...

+Quote Post
Shredhead
post Oct 18 2016, 08:19 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 19,047
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Oct 18 2016, 08:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Shredhead @ Oct 18 2016, 04:33 PM) *

Ok, I'll (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) this to the top. I don't think the oil change in and of itself is the issue. A disconnected vacuum line probably won't do this either. Start with these fundamentals:

1. Is the fuel pump priming when you put the ignition on?

2. Are the injectors actually firing?

3. Are you getting spark?

Since you were underneath the car during the oil change it's possible you disconnected the connections to the pump. You need to narrow the possibilities down...

I can hear the fuel pump loud and clear when I turn the key, just like usual.
What's the best way to check the injectors?
Plenty of juice in the battery (Odyssey on a charger) but I haven't checked spark yet.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 01:46 PM