Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> /6 Webers, Questions
EdwardBlume
post Mar 7 2017, 03:29 PM
Post #1

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

How can you tell what size Webers you have? Is there a website for /6 motors that lists out the configurations? I want to see if the 2.4 set up I have (just rebuilt) will work on a 930 / 03.

Also, how do you measure the headers, will they work?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Mark Henry
post Mar 7 2017, 06:27 PM
Post #2

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

Size and version should be on the valve cover side/outside when on looking at them installed on the engine, it's on the float bowls.
One bowl will have a big EW and the other is stamped with the info. The stamping is quite small.

They will work on a 3.0 just fine. You'll likely have to re-jet them and depends but you might need bigger venturis. If they are weber venturis the size is cast into them and you might be able to see this looking down the throat.

I'd invest in a WB 02 meter, it will save you a lot of jetting guesswork.
Also be aware a lot of tuners (like me) use jet reams to size jets, so while the size number may be correct, they also could be way off. You can buy jet size gauges.

I'd go over to the Performance Oriented site and read all the tech pages.

For parts the best price and selection I found is http://youroil.net/weber_carb_parts.html
They are the east coast PMO source and it's a much easier to navigate than the PMO site.

BTW besides the versions listed by mskala they could also be made in Italy (best and OE), Spain or USA.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 04:22 PM