|
|

|
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.
This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. |
|
|
| malcolm2 |
Feb 5 2017, 05:50 PM
Post
#1
|
|
Advanced Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 2,750 Joined: 31-May 11 From: Nashville Member No.: 13,139 Region Association: South East States
|
OK, I have been tinkering with the new-to-me AFM on my 1911cc engine all weekend. I have adjusted the spring about 20 teeth CCW to get to this point.
I have been using an A/F sensor and gauge. can someone tell me, or direct me to a chart/table of what A/F I should be shooting for on my daily driver. The last adjustment of the CO screw has left me here: I have always had a strange idle situation, so lets ignore that for now. any normal adjustments to reduce the idle at normal operating temp eventually stall the car. A problem for another post. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) the idle is high.... at 1200 the A/F is a smooth 12.2. I found a long hill and drove up it at about 3800 rpm and the A/F was 12.5. thoughts? |
![]() ![]() |
| timothy_nd28 |
Mar 27 2017, 05:10 PM
Post
#2
|
|
Advanced Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 2,299 Joined: 25-September 07 From: IN Member No.: 8,154 Region Association: Upper MidWest
|
I got nothing. My work with you is done.
|
malcolm2 Air/Fuel ratio Feb 5 2017, 05:50 PM
jim_hoyland Got this from one of Chris Foley's posts
in A... Feb 5 2017, 06:09 PM
malcolm2 Great. I get to drive to work tomorrow (no rain). ... Feb 5 2017, 06:34 PM
jim_hoyland My experience ( before and after the top end rebui... Feb 5 2017, 07:37 PM
pbanders Agree with the ranges in Jim's posts for varyi... Feb 5 2017, 10:22 PM
ottox914 Getting idle and AFR can be a challenge. As the en... Feb 5 2017, 10:34 PM
plays with cars Peak power is made around 13.5:1, idle is usually ... Feb 6 2017, 12:10 AM
Mark Henry I don't like to see much higher than 13:1 in a... Feb 6 2017, 12:40 AM
Mueller
I don't like to see much higher than 13:1 in ... Feb 10 2017, 03:52 PM
Mark Henry
[quote name='Mark Henry' post='2451811' date='Feb... Feb 10 2017, 06:19 PM
timothy_nd28 :agree: Aircooled engines may need to run slight... Feb 6 2017, 09:41 AM
72hardtop
:agree: Aircooled engines may need to run sligh... Oct 29 2018, 02:29 AM
Keith914 When in doubt, do the spark plug color test. Feb 6 2017, 10:45 AM
Mark Henry
When in doubt, do the spark plug color test.
I s... Feb 6 2017, 12:31 PM
porschetub Doing final tune on my Zeniths,dropping idles down... Feb 6 2017, 02:12 PM
Mark Henry
Mark what is the best performing/value AFR kit t... Feb 6 2017, 05:13 PM
porschetub
Mark what is the best performing/value AFR kit ... Feb 6 2017, 07:38 PM
malcolm2 Help me out with WOT. I played with that a little... Feb 6 2017, 03:04 PM
timothy_nd28 I think it would be a cool gauge to have. Would i... Feb 6 2017, 07:05 PM
Mark Henry
I think it would be a cool gauge to have. Would ... Feb 6 2017, 11:06 PM
Porschef It's a great tool to have, especially if you... Feb 7 2017, 05:21 AM
McMark Peak power is made around 13.5:1, ....That's t... Feb 7 2017, 11:31 AM
ConeDodger
Peak power is made around 13.5:1, ....That's ... Feb 7 2017, 11:46 AM
Mark Henry
[quote name='McMark' post='2452311' date='Feb 7 2... Feb 7 2017, 12:05 PM
malcolm2
But on top of the WB meter you should have a head... Feb 7 2017, 02:18 PM
timothy_nd28 350 degrees is not normal, atleast I hope not. Re... Feb 7 2017, 08:47 PM
malcolm2
350 degrees is not normal, atleast I hope not. R... Feb 8 2017, 11:32 AM
malcolm2
350 degrees is not normal, atleast I hope not. R... Feb 8 2017, 12:02 PM
Vacca Rabite
350 degrees is not normal, atleast I hope not. R... Apr 27 2017, 09:13 AM
malcolm2
I'd love to see 350 at 70MPH running up some ... Apr 28 2017, 06:29 AM
ConeDodger The good thing about a CHT gauge is you know your ... Feb 7 2017, 08:51 PM
Mark Henry
The good thing about a CHT gauge is you know your... Feb 8 2017, 07:33 AM
malcolm2
The good thing about a CHT gauge is you know you... Feb 8 2017, 11:37 AM
djway When I set up my L jet that had been horribly mess... Feb 8 2017, 10:11 PM
malcolm2
When I set up my L jet that had been horribly mes... Feb 9 2017, 10:15 AM
djway You are running WAY to rich. At full throttle onl... Feb 9 2017, 08:45 PM
jcd914 If your air flow meter has been mucked with alread... Feb 10 2017, 12:55 AM
falcor75
Stoic for gasoline is 15.8
Ummm, I dont know ... Feb 10 2017, 01:34 AM
djway
Stoic for gasoline is 15.8
Ummm, I dont know... Feb 10 2017, 04:07 AM
Mark Henry If you are running at stoich AFR on an aircooled y... Feb 10 2017, 10:03 AM
malcolm2 On WOT are you documenting at bottom value? I ten... Feb 10 2017, 11:41 AM
malcolm2
On WOT are you documenting at bottom value? I te... Feb 14 2017, 01:30 PM
Porschef Clark, are you referring to the screw on the AFM i... Feb 10 2017, 11:56 AM
malcolm2
Clark, are you referring to the screw on the AFM ... Feb 10 2017, 03:21 PM
Porschef Mark, i get the nickies can deal with a leaner mix... Feb 10 2017, 11:58 AM
Porschef IIRC, I'm at 13.2 or so at cruise. The engine ... Feb 10 2017, 12:06 PM
malcolm2
Of course, there shall be no vacuum leaks...
... Feb 10 2017, 03:26 PM
timothy_nd28 If you have smoke coming out from the dizzy, you w... Feb 10 2017, 04:10 PM
malcolm2
If you have smoke coming out from the dizzy, you ... Feb 10 2017, 04:58 PM
timothy_nd28 AA is now closed, so now your thinking RTV? :D
... Feb 10 2017, 05:23 PM
malcolm2
AA is now closed, so now your thinking RTV? :D
... Feb 11 2017, 08:37 AM
Mark Henry Just a FYI, PLX has their O2 WB meters on sale ... Feb 10 2017, 06:24 PM
malcolm2
Just a FYI, PLX has their O2 WB meters on sale ... Feb 11 2017, 08:33 AM
Mark Henry
[quote name='Mark Henry' post='2453440' date='Feb... Feb 11 2017, 10:16 AM
timothy_nd28 Those numbers are better than the 18+ numbers you ... Feb 14 2017, 01:47 PM
malcolm2
Those numbers are better than the 18+ numbers you... Feb 14 2017, 02:37 PM
stugray Any leaks coming from the valve cover, dipstick, o... Feb 14 2017, 02:40 PM
timothy_nd28 You tell yourself that while trying to start a Lje... Feb 14 2017, 03:26 PM
pete000 Great read, I am in the exact situation with my 1.... Feb 14 2017, 04:29 PM
malcolm2 No adjustments or significant changes to the readi... Feb 24 2017, 10:14 AM
timothy_nd28 I think your old bent AFM was adjusted abit rich. Feb 24 2017, 10:33 AM
malcolm2
I think your old bent AFM was adjusted abit rich.... Feb 24 2017, 01:01 PM
malcolm2 Mark, I have been studying up on your AFR link fro... Feb 24 2017, 01:04 PM
veekry9 No quick answers,because it's complicated,many... Feb 24 2017, 03:53 PM
pete000 I picked up one of the PLX Blue Tooth AFR systems ... Mar 5 2017, 12:56 AM
Mark Henry Yes 15:1 cruise is too lean for an aircooled 14:1 ... Mar 5 2017, 07:55 AM
72hardtop
Yes 15:1 cruise is too lean for an aircooled 14:1... Apr 24 2017, 05:49 AM
McMark I agree with and support everything Mark Henry has... Mar 5 2017, 09:46 AM
malcolm2 My PLX rig showed up Friday. Looking forward to ge... Mar 5 2017, 08:01 PM
pete000
My PLX rig showed up Friday. Looking forward to g... Mar 6 2017, 11:20 PM
timothy_nd28 Be careful. The air flow meter has a wound up clo... Mar 7 2017, 11:22 AM
malcolm2
Be careful. The air flow meter has a wound up cl... Mar 7 2017, 02:16 PM
pete000 Sounds like these early FI cars are set from the f... Mar 7 2017, 10:59 PM
malcolm2 I do like welding stuff.... but man you can screw ... Mar 10 2017, 02:30 PM
Mark Henry Was your wire feed sticking?
You likely need a new... Mar 10 2017, 03:04 PM
malcolm2
Was your wire feed sticking?
You likely need a ne... Mar 10 2017, 03:10 PM
malcolm2 PLX is now installed. The guage is temp'd in w... Mar 23 2017, 09:55 AM
pete000 I have been playing around a bit with my AFM. I ha... Mar 23 2017, 06:57 PM
malcolm2 My AFM has that jumper. Did not know it was an add... Mar 24 2017, 06:22 AM
malcolm2 5 hours of interstate driving. Several big hills. ... Mar 24 2017, 06:23 AM
Porschef Hey Clark,
PM sent
Joe Mar 24 2017, 07:50 AM
timothy_nd28 Sounds like you are around 26 mpg. I think with t... Mar 24 2017, 10:15 AM
timothy_nd28 I take back what I said. Maybe you are already ge... Mar 24 2017, 10:48 AM
pete000 Tested out my AFM mods and seemed to work well. Wa... Mar 24 2017, 04:49 PM
malcolm2 I made it home.... 800 + mile weekend trip. I don... Mar 27 2017, 03:16 PM
malcolm2 Ok what do you think? Maybe 1000 miles with this ... Mar 27 2017, 04:33 PM
72hardtop
Ok what do you think? Maybe 1000 miles with this... Oct 29 2018, 02:19 AM
Mark Henry I'd say that plug is a tad hot, what number is... Mar 27 2017, 05:17 PM
malcolm2
I'd say that plug is a tad hot, what number i... Mar 27 2017, 07:11 PM
Olympic 1.7 Spark plugs are an easy change, you could try NGK ... Mar 28 2017, 07:55 AM
72hardtop This is a great graph for air cooled engines:
htt... Apr 24 2017, 05:38 AM
jpapatrout I just saw an ad for an AFR from Innovate that mon... May 6 2017, 04:24 PM
914Toy
I just saw an ad for an AFR from Innovate that mo... Nov 1 2018, 09:13 AM
Chi-town There is no "short answer" for this ques... Oct 29 2018, 10:36 AM
72hardtop
There is no "short answer" for this que... Nov 1 2018, 12:04 AM![]() ![]() |
|
Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 1st October 2026 - 12:38 AM |
| All rights reserved 914World.com © since 2002 |
|
914World.com is the fastest growing online 914 community! We have it all, classifieds, events, forums, vendors, parts, autocross, racing, technical articles, events calendar, newsletter, restoration, gallery, archives, history and more for your Porsche 914 ... |