Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rennlist, is it worth it
ws91420
post Nov 3 2004, 07:36 PM
Post #1

Yes I have one a Lensley 914

Group: Members
From: Ruther Glen,VA (halfway between sticks and civilization)
Member No.: 1,137
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Is joining Rennlist worth it for owners of 914's?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
krk
post Nov 4 2004, 02:41 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 22

Like many others here, I was a long time rennlist member. And at that time, it was a great resource. I had had my 73 for about 6mths when someone at work mentioned rennlist to me. I got a lot of help as I did various maintenance things and I was definitely way more successful at it than I had any right to expect. And I owe a debt to many of the folks who coached me in those days. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

At that time, the email format worked really well for me too -- I was flying a lot, so downloading 50 message and reading them on the plane was perfect for me.

I also thought the 914 list was pretty unique, as compared to the 911 list. We didn't often discuss waxing techniques or the use of toothbrushes in detailing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) And we certainly had the corner on anything related to "stainless steel brake lines" -- Hi Ben (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .

But the addition of pics is a huge step forward. In those days, I could scan pictures and point to my local web pages to share them -- this is big when you're trying to figure out something! Now with digcams so cheap and a web medium, the email list scheme doesn't compete very well.

So I think YaRoon said it well -- for today's technology and dynamic, 914club is in the sweet spot. If I start flying again (which looks likely), I'll have to figure out something different. (hopefully, the airline Co's will have deployed web access by then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif))

kim.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 05:19 AM