Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tangerine linkage kit, or Seine shifter, or both?
Tdskip
post Jan 14 2018, 09:01 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,666
Region Association: None

Just doing some planning on the shifter set up.

I have a side shifter already.

Installing a Seine shifter on the 911 was one of the best things I ever did.

Tangerine's shifter set up appears to be the gold standard.

Would the best plan of attack be to go with the Tangerine set up and then see how I like it before popping for the Seine shifter?

Does the Tangerine kit usually make a Seine set up unncessary?

Thanks in advance for the help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Tdskip
post Jan 14 2018, 10:21 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21,666
Region Association: None

Good morning, hope you're both having a good weekend.

I believe Seine does have an option for the 901, although I've never installed/driven one that has it. I just really like their kit on my other car, so I put them on the shortlist of options. I don't believe their kit falls under a short shifter category, I think it's probably more accurate to consider it a gated shifter as has been suggested. Thank you for the heads up on the short shifter kits probably not being the way to go, I did come across that via searching past discussions here.

I know some of this, as has also been suggested, is down to personal opinion but does the tangerine kit clean things up to a point where most people are happy with the standard shifter?

Thanks!
+Quote Post
914Toy
post Jan 14 2018, 10:46 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,596
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jan 14 2018, 08:21 AM) *

Good morning, hope you're both having a good weekend.

I believe Seine does have an option for the 901, although I've never installed/driven one that has it. I just really like their kit on my other car, so I put them on the shortlist of options. I don't believe their kit falls under a short shifter category, I think it's probably more accurate to consider it a gated shifter as has been suggested. Thank you for the heads up on the short shifter kits probably not being the way to go, I did come across that via searching past discussions here.

I know some of this, as has also been suggested, is down to personal opinion but does the tangerine kit clean things up to a point where most people are happy with the standard shifter?

Thanks!

My experience: With a side shift tranny, along with the Tangerine linkage system and a good stock shifter, it was satisfactory but difficult to adjust perfectly. Just added a new RennShifter - was easy to install/adjust, now have a precision feel with a nice "gate like" improvement - worth the cost.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 08:49 PM