Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Another nut is loose on the streets of Arizona, Or how Steve Faddis may have saved my life...
forrestkhaag
post Feb 21 2018, 07:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

Don't know what happened to the body of this post. Flying Alaska so I will fill in the blanks when on the ground.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
flyer86d
post Feb 23 2018, 10:52 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,585
Region Association: North East States

You know, when I had my garage, that was one of my biggest fears. I never wanted a customer to have a wheel or whatever I repaired come loose. I would check and recheck my work. If the phone rang while I was in the middle of a job, I would not answer it and would return the call when I was done.

One winter I slipped on the ice at home and broke my right arm. I hired a young fellow to help out in the shop doing oil changes and other light work. He would constantly be texting or taking phone calls on his cell phone. I would check every job that he did for a loose drain plug or oil filter. He got upset that I checked every job so I explained that it was my good name and reputation not to mention my wallet that would be affected if something fell off of a customers car.

One day he asked if he could use the lift to change the oil in his car. It was near the end of the day so of course he could. He finished and we closed up. The next morning he was late and he had to have his car towed in as it quit running. Guess what, no oil drain plug. He said that he got a phone call and forgot to tighten it.....

Charlie
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 06:48 AM