Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Jenvey ITBs for four bolt T4 heads, Any one know of a source for manifolds?
echocanyons
post Aug 15 2018, 02:01 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 7
Region Association: Central California

I am planning to do an EFI conversion on a 1.8L type four.

What manifold options are available to adapt ITBs to the T4 four bolt heads?
I think that I prefer the jenvey ITBs but would like to draw from the groups experience.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
JamesM
post Aug 15 2018, 04:50 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Jenveys are really pretty, well made parts but after playing with the pair that wound up on my buddies 2270 I personally would probably try one of the cheaper bolt on options.

Couple things to be aware of:

1. The linkage arms/throttle shafts are not compatible with the Weber parts, not a problem if you are using the Jenvey arms but we ran into an issue when attempting to use the Tangerine cable linkage. Chris Foley was cool enough to put together a custom kit after we shipped him the Jenveys to work off of, but be aware that off the shelf parts may not be bolt on. This also includes air filters and velocity stacks.

2. The Jenveys need to have the airflow syncd per barrel where as the CBs appear to have a port that syncs the two barrels in each TB (and also both barrels tie into a single vacuum port) Not a huge deal but would make syncing the CB parts a bit easier.

I haven't personally used the CB parts yet (though i have a plan to) but between the custom parts needed to utilize the Jenveys as well as the design the CB parts appear to be both cheaper and easier to use.

Jenveys sure are pretty though.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 09:40 PM