Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> DIY Bump Steer Kit
Mr. M
post Feb 22 2020, 08:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,111
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I did a search, but I didn't come up with the information that I was looking for, has anyone put together their own bump steer kit? Hoping to find out where people were able to source the parts from or a parts list that they used to make the kit.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
914forme
post Feb 23 2020, 11:20 AM
Post #2

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

Not sure unless you do not fix all the issues it causes.

Things bind on the steering U-joints if you do not move them around a bit. Or if radical, need to change things like cut and welding the shaft. If you can get it perfect then moving the rack up a bit solves the issue.

Much easier solution to change tie rod ends.

I am not going to get into the physics off moving the rod location and what that does to the loads applied. I will stick with the extra arm at the bottom and not worry about flex induced into the steering system or the loads it produces.

The elephant kit has that lovely extra surround that is there for some reason, my guess is that they found they needed it. Why goto that extra engineering if you don't need to.

Heres the kit I use, and like. They also make a basic kit, for a bit less adjustment that is a single sheer setup.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:57 AM