Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Injectors to match TB on bigger engines
Literati914
post Mar 4 2020, 09:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,222
Region Association: Southwest Region

I know a 2.1 throttle body from a vanagon is a popular option for say a 2270 build or better... and there does not seem to be a need for upgrading the stock 2.0L fuel injectors when using it BUT, since I need a set of injectors anyway, would the following be a good option? What would be the pro's/cons? :

https://www.gowesty.com/product/made-in-usa...ctor-bundle-?v=

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
djway
post Mar 5 2020, 10:26 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 19,266
Region Association: Southern California

I have spent the past few days cleaning my stash of L Jet parts ranging from several 74 and 75 914 systems and some late Baywindow 2.0 bus systems.
The plenum's were all the same size but the late bus had the EGR tubes inside which I would assume should disrupt the air flow into the runners due to their location. If you are crafty it should be removable.
The 1.8 runners are narrower tubes until the end where they get larger for the sleeves. The 2.0 bus runners were the larger tube the entire length.
Now the difference in the brains with 6 pin not having an independent circuit for the air density resistor, although it is wired in and did affect my 74 when I cleaned the contact. The 75 7 pin does have the specific circuit wiring but I am not sure what smog programming may be in there. Then there is the 2.0 bus brain. I have read they are all interchangeable in a long thread on the samba and that the WOT circuit that is on some buses and not others does not seem to affect performance, on a bus.
I will be using the bus runners and the flat plenum, non 914 2.0. I will also adapt the 2.1 vanagon TB. Just need to decide if I should use the WOT/position switch circuit and which brain to use.
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Mar 7 2020, 03:02 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(djway @ Mar 5 2020, 09:26 PM) *

The 1.8 runners are narrower tubes until the end where they get larger for the sleeves. The 2.0 bus runners were the larger tube the entire length.

1.8 914 runners are uniform the entire length and are the same diameter as 914 2.0 runners. Not sure the rest of the effort would be worth it if you are still going to be choked by skinny runners.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th June 2024 - 04:31 AM