Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Trick 914 Restoration, Any cars / stories out there???
EdwardBlume
post Dec 12 2004, 09:11 PM
Post #1

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

I started on my 914 today and I'm looking for ideas on trick 914 restorations. I'm looking for details mainly underbody, interior, powdercoating parts, wheel restoration, etc.

Any good sites, methodical manical cars? Ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
EdwardBlume
post Dec 12 2004, 11:29 PM
Post #2

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Going for that Dave Darling look? Did you repo his car from him? It looks like his. Good luck with it

Sorry. DD copied me. Its been in my family since 1976.

With grad school and all, do you have any time frame for completing it? Do you envision it as a full out strip and restore, or is it a drive and restore-as-you-go type project?

Its my only P-car outlet so I'm going to take full advantage of it. I figure 2-5 hours a week tops. Hi_Fi_Guy's advice on having a clear vision of what I want is what I'm looking to perfect upfront here.

Here's how I see it right now: stock chassis- fully cleaned and painted - most likely undercoating NOT reapplied - will need a rotisserie; powdercoated black parts - glossy; Fuchs - refinished similar to stock (Bowlsby's come to mind), SR 165's, interior is a big ?? but the 8 track tape player may go (or stay if I can't find an original AM/FM). As I mentioned, I'm looking for some nice tricks to enhance the car but keep it looking really good - ie nicer leather, carpet, chrome fog grills. I also want to talk to folks who have restored a car where every nut, bolt, trim, and gasket were right and perfect.

This car does mean a lot to me as its my tribute to my Dad and is the vehicle of the happiest days of my childhood.

Thats about it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 11:22 PM