Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Metal Washers used on MC, can someone post a pic and/or dimensions of one?
76-914
post Jul 6 2020, 12:11 PM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

I think I have an easy solution for installing the hose in the OEM style MC but need to test using the metal washers in place. TIA, Kent
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
UROpartsman
post Jul 7 2020, 09:30 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,288
Region Association: None

The washer should rest on the step, see Boomguy's post: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2808079

QUOTE(Boomguy @ Apr 24 2020, 09:32 PM) *
Ok I now understand where the washer needs to go, bear with me here. I removed a 19mm M/C out of my car today because ... well it looked like ithad been used as an anchor, previous owner put it in. I have on order a new MC but wasn't sure if it would come with washers so I checked the old one .... none, plus one of the two interior seals was backwards so I know why it looked the way it did.

Now I asked my original question because I thought maybe I could find some, somewhere. The 19mm step measured at 14.35mm, in one of my drawers I actually found two washers that fit perfectly (14.25mm). Now when you guys said 8x10mm I thought I had the wrong area for the washer. I dug around and found the original 17mm MC and it did have washers... 13.95mm and confirmed that step in the pic. Now I realize the 17mm is oem and the19mm is aftermarket but there is only one part number from porsche. Sorry for rambling...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:19 PM