Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> warm air blower wiring, new to me motor lacks wires?
pt_700
post Sep 12 2020, 02:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,430
Region Association: Northern California

i'm in the process of replacing my 1.7 & trans with a better condition 1.7 & trans from a trusted source. since it's been so many years, it's been helpful to check the "new to me" motor as i disconnect things from the old motor.

i'm stumped on the wires for the hot air blower though. new motor doesn't seem to have them & the wires for the blower on the old motor seem to be part of the harness that stays with the motor.

can someone offer enlightenment as to possible differences in the wiring and if i might be able to wire up some sort of bypass, or should i swap over the harness (seems like a lot of work...)?

old motor has the 2 hose blower as seen in the pictures. new motor is in the 1st;

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
pt_700
post Sep 13 2020, 12:27 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,430
Region Association: Northern California

appears to be; EA093558 (sorry for the poor picture quality).

seller says it was from a '73 and the wires came from the chassis harness "under the fuse panel" (i'm thinking relay board?).

how's the air inland jeff? still pretty thick here in san jose, perhaps a mile or two of visibility. i'm surprised there's no smoke smell...

Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 07:15 PM